Good night Pattaya

Hardy641

quote:

Originally posted by Hardy641:

Yesterday I tried to escape the crackdown hitten capital. I am bored of ugly, overaged mothers asking for rediculous prices (2000 ST and 3000+ LT) in NANA or Patpong. Adam Smiths for Thais: less demand leads to higher prices (TIT).

Does this brainless government really want to destroy Pattaya? .......

They all come for the nightlife and party atmosphere, surely not for the small and dirty beaches or polluted sea.

THAILAND.

Sorry to inform you but pattaya was destroyed a long long time ago. It reminds me of a tourist slum. The sleeze is in your face. I am sure the 10 million bangkokians who use pattaya would agree. Time to make pattaya resemble Thailand not a sex tourist playground!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering this week, a NEW water treatment plant was official open in pattaya, I think they are doing a great job, in cleaning up the pollition in bkk. In my environment class, I do a week of number crunching with the students to discuss the pollution in thailand. There is really a significant difference in the last year and a huge difference from 1998. They will slowly get this country back on solid ground

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whosyourdaddy,

When you say get the country back on solid ground what do you mean? Thailand has a multi-trillion baht national debt and is in the bottom percentile for inward foreign investment. The government want (need) to increase the revenue from tourism and yet they have started out by capping the earning potential of most businesses. Seems like a poor start.

Let me tell you that most European families don't want to come to Thailand, it's too far, costs too much for them to get there and why should they? They can go into Europe where they know they will get 2 weeks of sunshine, food they like to eat, there is a minimal language bar and there is more for the kids to do. Those that do want to go further (like a million Brits) go to Florida. No language barriers, food they like, good safety reputation and tons for the kids.

Also these people typically take a 2 week holiday every year, they don't buy property or visit 3 or 4 times a year and spend 3 months a year in Thailand spending money.

I don't know if you live in Thailand or not but if there were declining numbers of sex tourists it would impact on you even if that's not your scene.

I can understand Thailand not wanting a reputation for sex tourism and they can help assuage that image by promoting real alternatives for people visiting but don't kill the goose that laid the golden egg. The bottom line is that guys travelling for sex have brought pots of money into Thailand.

Looks like WYDaddy only knows the beach Rd and Walking St areas. Hum,i wonder why?

PS: anyone remembers when Cousteau warned 25 years ago, that the Meditteranean was almost a dead sea. Whose pollution are we talking about? And the breasts seen along the french Riviera are a lot uglier than anything you' d see in Pattaya, that is if Bgirls were a lot less prudish. As slums go, i'll take Pattaya anytime over downtown Market street in San Francisco,for quality of life....

Hi Pattaya 127,

I got your point, but I am living in Bangkok and am not that familar with Pattaya. Though I know BOOM, but don't like that much as it attract no the kind of girls I am looking for. Before the crackdown, you could find there the worst bunch of girls, mostly drunk, heavily smoking, full off ja baa and with a terrible attitude.

However I wanted to try the place on Saturday, but it wasn't opened, the police hat shut it down already.

My point was that it just cumbersome to find a girl after 2am, especially as weather seems to have an alliance with Thaksin. Sharp 2am it started to rain. No fun at all to walk in the rain and look for girls. This way, Pattaya will loose plenty of tourists and visitors.

"Sorry to inform you but pattaya was destroyed a long long time ago. It reminds me of a tourist slum. The sleeze is in your face. I am sure the 10 million bangkokians who use pattaya would agree"

Whosyourdaddy, you are right, the environment has been destroyed for decades. Even if they gonna clean up the beaches and ban prostitution, Pattaya won't become a first class resort, the beaches aren't broad and beautiful enough.

Pattaya has to stick to the sex tourists, if they like or not. Otherwise it will die.

Sure a lot Bangkokians would like to clean Pattaya from prostitution in order improve Thailands image in the western world. But would they also give up the place they go. Of course not, so I really give a shit on their opinion. I am working for more then 5 years with Thai Chineses and they are much worse. They treat the women like shit. Buy them fuck them throw them. I won't get into trouble, if Thai colleagues see me in Nana, Patpong or some massage parlors. But I will be in deep trouble, if they see taking a Bargirl out to the movie or bowling, speak treating her like GF or a human being. Thats their attitude, therefore I disgust them.

Pattaya seems to be the kind of place that you love or you hate, and not that many people fall in between.

quote:

Originally posted by phiketpete:

Pat,

Do you work for TAT in your spare time.

I have never been to Pattaya, frankly put off by many of the reports I have read,

But when I read your posts particularly the last one my mind conjures up a completely different location.

The city council should put you on the payroll

quote:

Originally posted by worldwalker:

Pattaya seems to be the kind of place that you love or you hate, and not that many people fall in between.

Hey, WW, You remember my buddy Bernard? A true case of what you are saying.His last words on Pattaya were: too much sex, too much bullshit, too much money! Then, I simply asked him why he stayed as long as me then, to which the answer for-the-ages was replied: "Well, I wouldn' t have stayed if i did not meet that girl....". Another touch-down for Pattaya!

Archived