Good night Pattaya

Hardy641

Once and for all: Pattaya is Pattaya, period. Not for its environment, not for its beaches, not for its resort rating, not for its sex but definitely in part for its girls and the incredible microcosm of human behaviour,the good and the bad, happening around the clock. You guys just don't get it, that's all. Pattaya has been Pattaya for decades, never mind pollution levels, there's just a feel/fascination about the place that i understand escape a lot of guys, and even sex tourists who will stick to their bar schedule, but I'll be damned if there is another place in the world like this one, with thousand and thousand of girls but not one naked breast in public, a sleaze factor ridicuslouly slow compared with any red light district in Europe or US, and a zillion times more easy-going than BKK.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning I decided to look around and see what was open since I hadn’t looked for the last month or so. At 4AM, EVERYTHING was closed, Tony’s, Marine, Marine II, Boom, every beer bar, every disco i.e. Hollywood, Excite, etc. In the old days, it was still like a carnival atmosphere at 4AM with all of the girls still milling around, Marine and Marine II plus the discos still going, etc. but it is definitely a different scene these days.

On the plus side, the Go Go’s that had topless and nude dancing before the crackdown are for the most part back to nude and topless dancing now. There are still plenty of babes to go around and if anything, the beauty quotient has improved somewhat. With this being slow season plus air travel being way down, it’s a buyers market for sure. Not many punters and the girls aren’t letting many deals go by.

personally I am not too concerned with early closings but piss tests and other "harrassments" do worry me. My farang friend was in Boom in July, police came round about 8am and made everyone leave, singling out thais for piss tests-although completely wasted they let him out w/o testing, he was rattled but grateful they let him go. Has anyone seen or know for sure of farang random testing in bars, as opposed to many "rumours" of testing.... shocked.gif" border="0

quote:

Has anyone seen or know for sure of farang random testing in bars, as opposed to many "rumours" of testing

All of the tests that I have heard of were testing Thais, no farangs were tested. I'm out in Pattaya three or four nights a week usually and I haven't heard of or talked to any farangs who have been tested. There are more great-looking babes here than I can remember and less punters, just the way I like it smile.gif" border="0

Same in Bangkok.

I have heard rumors of farangs having to submit to the Golden Flow, but never any confirmation. During the famous 'Radio City Raid' farangs were asked to produce passports, but not pee in the bottle.

The cops seem to be targeting the Thais on this one to the best of my knowledge.

pattaya127 - have to agree that there is no better place then Pattaya. Maybe Bangkok is a close 2nd, but not on price. I travel a fair amount on a regular basis, but mostly come to Thailand for my holidays. People at work wonder why I go to Thailand so often.

Archived