Pedestrian safety

yfs

Is it me or has any one else noticed that drivers of automobiles have become much more courteous to pedestrians crossing the streets? It seemed in the past that drivers would rarely stop while one was crossing the street, but now it seems the norm. What happened?

Now if the motorbikes would get off the sidewalks everything would be hunky dory.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends.

I come across a few (very few) drivers that will stop when you are in the middle of the zebra crossing and you have the green light to cross.

I would say that the vast majority of drivers do not stop and continue to ignore the traffic lights.

Caution is advised!

Pecking order...

Large trucks

Bus

Taxi

Personal Cars

Motorsai

Thais walking

...and us dumb farang :grin:

I would actually say farang comes before Thais. When I'm with my wife the cars are much more likely to stop, probably because I look like a deer caught in the headlight ... and because I look the wrong way when crossing the street.

I just figure they are NOT going to stop,

and I am usually correct :(

Its not just in Thailand , I think anywhere you need to look out against cars and trucks,

people do not think when theu are driving and texting, eating, calling, and may never see you !

OC

Archived