What's with the purple vests?

What's up with that? Are there now different companies running them or is it just a color change cuz the orange is getting tired?

Cheers,

SD

According the Missus at one time (10 years ago+??) to become a Motorcycle Taxi all you had to do was pay something like 500B to purchase a licence from the Govt and you could pick up and drop anywhere in BKK.....I believe that this is where the concept of the Taxi Mafia came from in that groups organised themselves to bag certain good areas. (the free market principle!).

A freind of hers did not have 500B, so she bought one for him, but kept the licence in her name.

In due course the BKK Govt restricted the issuing of new licences and I beleive at the same time zoned them (I guess to formalise and regulate the Taxi Mafia "zoning" concept), hence the differing colours within BKK - she later found out that because of the changes her licence was now worth something like B15k!

It is somewhat unclear to me exactly what happened to her moto taxi licence......the words "I lose" ring a bell :(:D

I guess the BKK Govt may have rezoned some pickup areas?

Of course I may have got some of the above wrong :D

Driver from Chang Mai????

Nice white skin...55555 ...prolly easy get a job with the Silom branch of K. Chew it's operation....lol...

...Cute though....is there something you're not telling us???????????????

:rotl::rotl::rotl::dunno::neener::neener::dunno::rotl::rotl::rotl:

No, HER driver (my salon-owning date from a few nights ago). You know she is from Chaing Mai, Chinese, cute, horney, so fair she even has a few freckles, and an ass that is even better that Avatar Gal's (before her recent 5Kg balloonage)! And yes, all the hip young Thai boys were staring/drooling while we ate at the Groove Kitchen :grinyes: ...

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut would be the phrase, I believe... :neener:

Cheers,

SD -- getting in way over his head with too many wimmen :doah:

David, thanks for the write up. That's kinda the way I understood it. From what I have heard, B15k seems to be what those orange vests are worth. I was just surprised as I had seen the odd brown one (and thought it was just an ugly orange LOL), but not other colours. Tho' they may have been there all along as I don't go driving about looking for motocy taxi wins...

Cheers,

SD

Archived