Triumph Motorcycles to invest Bt3.5 billion in Thailand

foreigner

the kingdom now aims to become a production and export hub for large-sized motorcycles, said Kosit Panpiemras, deputy prime minister and industry minister.

http://etna.mcot.net/query.php?nid=30777

I had a Triumph 500 cc Twin in the early 70s .. lubbed it tu mutt ..

when Brit bikes ruled. Triumph, Norton & BSA ..

kick starting that cantankerous beast is probably why my right knee is worn out today.

As far as I know, Triumph is only making parts here. They make frames for the Rocket but no assembled bikes.

The Triumph dealer in RCA still imports bikes from the UK will all the attached duties. BMW is still the only company selling big bikes on any scale in Thailand.

As far as I know' date=' Triumph is only making parts here. They make frames for the Rocket but no assembled bikes.[/quote']

Very good jxxxl. Obviously if Triumph plan to assemble up to 50,000 bikes anually in LOS then they don't currently do so. Helps if you read the article.

I didn't read past this part: "In Britain he met Triumph Motorcyles president John Bloor, who agreed to invest an additional Bt3.5 billion in 2008 in Thailand operations for manufacturing parts for large-sized motorcycles."

Thanks for pointing that out ass munch.

Archived