ESPN NFL Gridiron Challenge

Shilo

OK guys, it's that time of year again. Many of us have already joined the EPL league with the usual band of Brit's, Expats and Yanks.

Now here is a chance for you English Football lovers to show us Yanks a thing or two about our beloved brand of football. I've set up an NFL league that works pretty much the same as the EPL version in that you start with a pool of money, pick your best players and can make changes as needed each week. There are some differences and I strongly advise anyone to read the rules. But this will be a "private" league that I will post on most of the LOS related boards for those who are interested.

Here are the details:

This message is from Shilo Prowler who is challenging you to play Gridiron Challenge on ESPN.com.

This game challenges you to build a roster of pro football players consisting of 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, and 1 Team Defense, while staying under your team's $50m salary cap. Best of all, it's FREE to play.

Get in the action now:

http://games.espn.go.com/gridiron/group?gr...assword=pattaya

Game Front: http://games.espn.go.com/gridiron/frontpage

Group: Thai Lovers League

Password: pattaya

Good luck,

Shilo

Sounds like a fun game though but hard to follow the sport in Thailand.. I've heard of these teams but wouldn't recognize any of the players if they'd be sitting in front of me.

Spending all the cash on a somewhat balanced team sounds safest, although I do need to figure out if ALL selected players score points every week etc etc.. :dunno: ... I've got some homework to do for Mother's day :up:

Shilo,

But this will be a "private" league that I will post on most of the LOS related boards for those who are interested.

I'm all ears ;)

BTW, pardon the ignorance, but when's the seaon gonna start, you know, kick-off date :)

Thanx!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, have figured out when the season's gonna start but would like a bit of a follow up on your earlier words:

There are some differences and I strongly advise anyone to read the rules.

I have read them and only thing that seems important enough to remember is

Keep in mind that each team in the NFL has one BYE week during the season, so when your player has a BYE remember to either 1) change the player for another that doesn't have a BYE (thus losing the salary value you paid for him) or 2) or keep the BYE player on your roster (thus taking a 0 for the week, but keeping his salary)

I take it there are no point-deductions in effect (as EPL fantasy) and all transfer are free. The salary issue is similar to the soccer compie, so I get that.

Anything else in particular a newbie like me needs to know or are you old hands going to let me and Ongchaiyai rot in relegation zone? :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

OP,

But this will be a "private" league that I will post on most of the LOS related boards for those who are interested.

I feel like a horny punter who's been given change but can't find the frikkin' condom vending machine. Help me out, man! :)

The season is about to start and still waiting for the promised info.. (maybe a PT will do..)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived