A perfect Christmas day in Bkk ??

I am arriving back in BKK on Christmas Day, no other choice contrary to all the reports of tourist numbers down etc.that was all I could get.

I was just thinking what are your ideas for the Perfect Christmas day in BKK. Where to go and would you have turkey and ham and where would you get it. Will all the bars be jammed full and sky high bar fines.........

Just wondering??

Uniformguy crazy.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by uniformguy:

I am arriving back in BKK on Christmas Day, no other choice contrary to all the reports of tourist numbers down etc.that was all I could get.

I was just thinking what are your ideas for the Perfect Christmas day in BKK. Where to go and would you have turkey and ham and where would you get it. Will all the bars be jammed full and sky high bar fines.........

Just wondering??

Uniformguy
crazy.gif" border="0

UG, it's too bad you can't get here one day sooner. Generally, Christmas Eve is the big night here. The bars are open all night, the ladies wear those cute Santa hats, and the town goes nuts. Yes, on a down note, the barfines do skyrocket to make sure ladies hang around the bar most of the night.

Of course, with the early closings, one never knows?

But, Bangkok will have plenty of action Christmas night too - I just think many will be still recovering from the previous night.

For the last five years I have gone to Bourbon Street for Christmas (and Thanksgiving) Dinner. They put out a great buffet spread including turkey, ham, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and all the trimmings. I think it cost around 600 baht last year. Well worth it, but be careful. If you eat too much you might flatten a few barstools.

Happy Holidays (in advance)!

Thanks for the reply

Where exactly in Bourbon street and do they still do food in the early evening as I won't be arriving until late afternoon. Don't they still wear those cute little hats on christmas day??? crazy.gif" border="0

uniform guy, Bourbon Street is on a soi (Washington Square) just down from Sukhumvit Soi 22. Yes, they do serve the Christmas buffet into the evening. I usually go early though to avoid the crowds.

Oh yes, you will see plenty of ladies wearing the Santa hats during the holiday season. Also, many vendors trying to sell one to you.

In another thread I see you mentioned you will be in Pattaya for New Year's Eve. Last year for the first time I tried Pattaya on that evening. My previous four New Year's Eves were in Bangkok.

This year I will be back in Bangkok. There was just a little too much uncontrolled mayhem in Pattaya last year on Walking Street and thereabouts. When a roman candle was fired within inches of my ear and I saw a drunk BG dropping lit M-80s in beer glasses and gleefully running I decided it was time to head for cover. But, if dangerous fun is your bag, you will find plenty of it.

Thanks for the info that certainly sounds a little too hairy for me too........do you think it was just that year or is Pattaya a bit too wild on New Years Eve. My plan was to find a bg before then and go LT for 2/3days but you are causing me to think again now.

Does anyone else have experience of Pattaya on New Years Eve I would like to know before I connfirm my hotel!!!!

Thanks crazy.gif" border="0

Hi uniform,

confirm what sarasin says about crazyness in Pattaya-last 2 new years I spent in Pattaya and it was REAL CRAZY!!!! bottle rockets, being shot at people, M80s and crackers tossed into bars-the smoke outside was so thick it was incapacitating at times.....however I did have a blast, its just a bit sketchy and I will try for a quieter spot this year....I've been in Bangers last 3 years for christmas and agree eve is the best, lots of santa girls and sanuk everywhere, but maybe this year I will check Pattaya christmas cheer....ho ho ho laugh.gif" border="0

How's Pattaya for Thanksgiving? I'm currently booked at the Flipper lodge for Thanksgiving night. From what you are saying it looks like I should head to Bourbon Street for dinner before boarding the bus to Pattaya.

[

[QB]How's Pattaya for Thanksgiving? I'm currently booked at the Flipper lodge for Thanksgiving night.

usually, thanksgiving dinner is on thanksgiving day, i don't know if you're talking about thanksgiving eve (?) or thanksgiving day. anyway, last year shenanigan's had a really good feed on christmas day, and i imagine they'll have one on thanksgiving day as well. these things are all you can eat, usually run from 2pm until 11pm, several roasts, ham, turkey, beef, lamb, vegies, deserts, so you can eat thanksgiving day or thanksgiving night, however it may be. on new years day they have an all you can eat seafood buffet. on non holiday weekends, try the montien hotel's verandah coffe shop all you can eat buffets, seafood (with pork, chicken and beef bbq) friday nights, international on saturday nights, great feed, 380 baht.

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: k11fan ]

Thanksgiving Day in Pattaya there is a big golf tourney run by Papa Ray an American that has lived in that wonderful town for a long time. We are also trying to put together a party at FLB on Walkng St on the 24th for nanaplaza & nanapong members. Then off to BKk for the DC at Hollywood Rocks on the 25th. Also the Pongers are putting together a Xmas dinner at Bourbon ST, in BKK on /Dec 25th. 30 have already signed up cool.gif" border="0

Archived