Pattaya crackdown?

bibblies

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, this started last friday, 3 gogos closed for 60 days last night according to rumours

Pattaya City News

August 18 2007

Link with pics

South Pattaya Bars checked by Bangkok and local Police despite calls for leniency in these low season months.

On Friday Night, Police and District Officials made checks on bars located in the South Pattaya area. Checks on licenses, explicit shows and employees were made.

We begin at Soi Sunee Plaza in South Pattaya where Banglamung District Licensing Officials accompanied by Police Colonel Sutin, the Superintendent of Pattaya Police and a group of Officers inspected many bars. Almost 100 people were checked to ensure they were carrying their ID Cards and if they had recently consumed met-amphetamine. License checks were also made on many of the bars. At the end of the exercise, 20 people were arrested after failing urine tests. There were no licensing irregularities found.

We also joined a group of Police Officers from the Children and Womenâ??s Division from Bangkok who inspected a number of bars on Walking Street led by Police Colonel Norasak, Deputy Commander of the Unit and Police Colonel Worapong, Commander of the Eastern Region. The group was checking mainly the Go-Go bars for explicit shows and performers who were showing too much skin. No arrests were made, however the officers did lodge complaints to a number of Bar Managers regarding performers who were seen to be wearing costumes which revealed too much of their bodies.

We spoke with a number of bar owners located on Walking Street and around South Pattaya who mentioned that in these low season months they are finding it hard to attract customers and would like authorities to allow a certain amount of leeway regarding activities inside the bars, however this bar inspection seems to suggest that the Police will not allow any forms of explicit shows and even require performers to cover-up more than before, which could have an adverse affect on Tourism here in Pattaya if this apparent crackdown continues.

Don't know. I'm not into shows at all. I prefer as many naked/half-naked girls on stage as possible at all times so I can decide which one to barfine. Shows almost always reduce the number of girls on stage and are dull, dull, dull so I'm not a reliable source.

Having said that, Angelwitch does shows. Living Doll Showcase does them. That big Asian-tour-group-oriented bar next to the Russian bar does shows. Er...Boesche? I'm lost already.

I was with a couple of freelancers who wanted to see such a lesbian show around 2.30 tonight and I didn't really know (and it was also getting difficult to think of a 'safe' bar where I hadn't already barfined).

Was reassured to see tits again in Happy though.

In speaking with several of the go go owners that I know quite well, last nite, the bars that got closed where those that were farang or partially farang owned. Classroom 2 and Heaven got hit. Whats Up got hit as did Super Baby and Super Girl, but all were allowed ($$$$$) to stay open. The last 3 are Thai owned. The police these past few days having been using the volunteer farang police to go into the clubs undercover,see whats going on, then call in the real police to make the hit. The 2 months closure recieved will probably turn into 2 week closures after a settlement amount is reached (from reliable sources). Now if they could just get rid of the Thai soccer player, cowboy, and now mime from the middle of walking street everynight, we might just be able to actually get from bar to bar without the hordes of tourist snapping photos and clogging up the street.

I was in What's Up on Wednesday night when the lights flashed and the girls covered up. A bunch of police and government officials then wandered in with stern faces and looked all around to make sure no-one was enjoying themselves. But get this, amongst the cops was a farang Tourist Police Volunteer, dressed up to the nines with polished and laced nazi boots, carrying handcuffs and a truncheon (nightstick). He looked a total prat, and was as stern faced as the others. Who did he think he was? Arnie? Probably getting off on the power trip. I thought he was a total arsehole and was going to say so to his face, but controlled myself as I didn't wan't to get arrested. What a cunt!

Archived