Condos prices?

drogon

We are looking to buy a condo.

Any idea about the prices at the moment?

Where to look? (not the property agencies please)

Would be outside the city center

(just a place where to stock up our things and have an adress in Thailand), just 1 bedroom.

We do not want to put 2 millions to buy a brand new condo where we will not be living most of the time.

Thanks

I'd wait a little, I heard last night of a number of condo projects in Suk getting stopped, not in general news yet.

If you want a old condo, go to the Banks, all the banks carry a large stock of housing, condo's etc, that they have forclosed on and need to sell.

I wrote a thread about this a while back when I went to the annual show.

However they sell and maintain websites of the housing all year round.

Get your Thai speaking friend to visit the Thai Bank web sites, they nearly ALL have links to the housing markets they own and want to sell

Wait a while. There are plenty of condos left over unsold from the 1997 crash, yet people are building many more on borrowed money. Expect a lot to be taken over by banks again one of these days.

p.s. The HBSC bank has notices stuck on the tellers' windows telling how hard it is to get your money transfered out of Thailand now. Must be a lot of folks who suddenly want to. Long list of regs from the Bank of Thailand.

:hmmm:

Had a long discussion with my good Thai friends about this very subject two nighhts ago in their private roman style entertainment suite...(sanook mak dooey)- I too am wanting a bigger place and they all suggested waiting until next year as one of them is buying a huge building on suk soi 24 (best bldg)and I can get in wholesale.The point... is they all feel next year there will be more on offer and at lower prices-These guys would know by the way as they are usually on target and are at the very very top of the food chain- Take your time...

Archived