Guiness BBQ sauce?

dean

I just received an e-mail from Guiness with a coupon that you can download for a discount on Guiness BBQ sauce. As I leave for U.S. next week, I'll probably try it but was wondering if anyone else in Europe or America has tried it?

I believe that the Guinness BBQ sauce is a marketing ploy but as a person that resides in the BBQ capitol of the world, Kansas City, I'll try it once to see if the Guinness dark beer makes any difference to the flovor of the sauce. By the way, Guinness is owned now by an English, not Irish, company (which also owns Baillys, among other spirits). I think that Authur must be spinning in his grave over this one!

• 1 month later...

While in K.C., I ran across the BBQ sauce. Its made by "Bullseye," which is made by Kraft foods. I've had Kraft BBQ sauce, only because its sold in thailand (along with Heinz BBQ sauce) and they are both generic, bland BBQ sauce (but beats the extremely sweet BBQ sauce that is used by Tahis). I'm bringing back 3 bottles of K.C. sauce, Bryants, Gates and Smokestack BBQ sauce next week and hope that they last the year that I'll be in LOS before returning to the U.S.

Archived