Sanuk in Buriram

Cyborg

( Moderator, does this post belong in trip reports ? I`m not sure! )

I was in Buri Ram a couple of months ago and they have 2 major Discos there.

I spent most of my time in "Speed Music Hall" as it was the biggest and far more better than the other one "Cyborg".... But I had a couple of incidents in Cyborg which made want to use the name as a handle ( but thats a hole other story )

Speed Music Hall reminded me alot about Hollywood disco in Pattaya. With the layboy show and the big stage.

The music was mostly China Dolls and Kat, you know:the typical Thai pop müsic.

I had no problem in picking up studens who where looking for a good time and a little bit of extra cash...

On my last night there I meet 5 of the ladies from Pharons bar ( ground floor on NEP ) and we all had a great time and I got the chance to see how they are outside the bar.

I had the time of my life in that disco 5 nights in a row.... A lot of the people found it strange that I did not have a girl with me... I think they where used to farangs going with theire wifes or girlfriends. This left them a littlebit confused on why I was there... I told them I was an International man of mystery, but nobody had heard about Austin Powers shocked.gif" border="0 , so the joke kind of died.

One day I went to a local Thai massage parlour and I can`t say i reccomend it ! The cost was 300 bath and the girls looked really bad ! You better stay with the girls in the Discos...

Buri Ram also have a huge selection of karaoke clubs/bars, but I only checked out a couple of them, but I didn`t stay in any of them long enofgh to find out what the scene was like.

The girls from Pharons told me that Buri Ram has a Go GO bar, but as I meet them on my last day there I didn`t get the chance to check it out... But I will on my next trip in January

I had only planned to stay in Buri Ram for 2 nights for some research , but ended up staying there for a hole week. It`s a truly great town and the people where lovely !

On my next trip I planning on going to Surin and see what the nightlife is like there.

Any suggestions ?

quote:

Originally posted by Khun Sanuk:

As for Surin, there are at least three discos in the city, one of which is directly next to the Phetchakesem Hotel.

And a little row of bars, including gogo, next to the Thong Tarin hotel - has a disco attached too. Nice town - but watch out for the witches!!

Hi Cyborg, great trip report. Nice to see others getting off the beaten track to look for some sanuk. Can i ask you one thing, are you also olsenmats who posted a story about Buriram on the Freelancer board. Its just that both posters are from Norway and it seemed too big a coincidence.

Also when are you heading to Buriram/Surin in January. Im planning on heading to Buriram, Surin and Khon Kaen in January also. Maybe we could hook up for a drink and check out the local ladies. Im sure we would have no trouble finding each other!.

Rico

quote:

Originally posted by ricosuave:

are you also olsenmats who posted a story about Buriram on the Freelancer board.

Rico

Jupp !

That`s me from the FLB board...

I`m going back 27 january and planningon staying there for about 3 weeks.

Funny thing, I was reading on another board yesterday about KK and I decided to check it out as I will be in the "area".

It would have been great hooking up togheter for a drink or 5. Send me and email and maybe we can meet ?

Reagarding the location on the Discos, both of them where right next to eachother. I don`t know the road name or anything, but it was a 2 min. walk from the Thai Hotel.

As far as i know there are only theese two disco`s in town so just ask for the disco and somebody will for sure point you in the right direction. Sorry I can`t be anymore help about the location....

Hi Cyborg. Looks like our paths will not cross sadly. Im planning on being in Chaing Mai in late January/early February for the flower festival, having made my way through Buriram/Surin in early January. Then again ive made plans before and not stuck to them, my e mail is ricscurr@hotmail.com. Keep in touch and you never know.

Rico

quote:

Originally posted by Glenn:

[QB]I have heard Rumours that there is now a farang Bar in Buri Ram!

QB]

There is a Farang owned bar in Buri Ram, but is not the type of bar who has girls... They have a pool table and they serve farang food there.

Archived