After Dark Magazine

STFORME

Brown Fox, Whilst I'm sure magazines like this help pass a few pleasant minutes over a coffee back in the room and as you say might make a nice keep sake. I'm a touch cynical about the benefits of actually going after any of the girls featured. If they are still working in the named bars then I'm sure being featured will have done nothing positive for their attitude?

Simie.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brown Fox, Whilst I'm sure magazines like this help pass a few pleasant minutes over a coffee back in the room and as you say might make a nice keep sake. I'm a touch cynical about the benefits of actually going after any of the girls featured. If they are still working in the named bars then I'm sure being featured will have done nothing positive for their attitude?

Simie.

A possibility to consider Simie however I'd be surprised if appearing that small magazine really affected any of the girl's ego's. I have been with girls that have appeared in similar small Pattaya periodicals and it didn't affect the girls at all (but they were proud to point out their photos to me).

If they appeared in a magazine with the stature of Thai Penthouse then I think you might see some attitude (and price) changes.

But this is just MHO, perhaps STFORME can answer far better.

In the mid 1970s there were numerous skin mags on the stands, topless only in those sold openly. Nudity in the bars was officially banned and hard to find anywhere. But a colleague who taught in Bangkok took me to one that was what I imagine a Prohibition era speakeasy must have been like. There were three separate security checks to get into the place, with buzzers and flashing lights to warn if the cops made a raid.

Reason I mention the place is that they did have cover girls dancing there! I recognised several not only from men's magazines, but from some of the more respectable magazines as well. These gals were stunners - and danced the same routine as the others: 1st song in a bikini, 2nd topless, 3rd totally nude. One night a colleague spotted the cover girl from the latest issue of the top Thai women's magazine dancing nude in front of us. He immediately called the mamasan and bar fined the gal right off the stage! Imagine shagging a genuine cover girl - then having her autograph the magazine for you as a souvenir.

Next time I got down to Bangkok, I found that bar shut down. I was told the other bars had got jealous and set the cops on them. Bastards!

:(

To answer some of the questions:

Almost none of the girls attitudes have changed since being in the mag. The girls love to show their photos to customers in the bars. Its strange cause when we ask many of the girls to be in the mag, they all say they are not beautiful enough. The other reason girls don't want to be in it is cause they have told their oversea's sponsers that they have stopped working (yeah, right). This reason usually comes across as "no want mama and papa to see." As far as I know we don't have a hugh Thai readership basis in Issan.

We push the envelope on nudity to the limit. Showing any nipples or frontal nudity would get us closed down in a heartbeat. How does Penthouse do it? Lots of new Mercedes to the right people. Right now, thats not in our budget.Mags showing nude foreign white girls, however, seems to get by here.

BTW, our mag is not sold in Catz.What must have happened is a free copy I left for the owners there to look at, probably got left on the counter. One of the staff pocketed the bt 150 most likely.

Every time we come out with a new issue, we give all the advertisers a stack to give to customers for free. But those go quite quickly.

I'll be in BKK for just a day in late January. Where would I be able to pick up a copy?

Or does the magazine have an office where I could swing by and pick one up?

From 1st page of this thread:

We have a distributor that has it at over 100 newstands in BK. We personally stock the 2 pharmacies between Suk 2 and 4 near Bully's as well as the mini mart at the Omni.

Archived