Yank voltage question for Epson

the_numbers

Dear Boys..

My query is that as we all know a laptop like my Mac will work properly in both the states and Thailand using the same power adaptor. No worries.

Next question is the key one: would an Epson printer for photos such as an R series also not have a voltage issue plugged in the wall in LOS or would it blow it to heavens.

I'd ask the same query about an overseas desktop computer..

Any words of wisdom are valued.

Cheers,

theNumbers

Check the back of the computer.

Does it say something like "input voltage 100 to 250"? meaning any voltage between 100 volts and 250 volts.

Also, some computers have a switch on the power supply so as to switch between 120 V and 240V. You can check for that.

The Epson printer, same-same, check the back of the printer for what voltages it can operate on.

exactly elef.... my worst nightmare was when I bought a lovely adaptor for voltage at fortune town that weights 10 or 15 kg.

Nice piece of my machinery for my high-end New York purchased turntable... hertz did not match for the table I got in the states though, and there's the rub.

so, even though it plays at 120V the speed is wrecked and my high fidelity audio is a joke. bloody tragedy given i've got tons of good vinyl in my living room from the stooges to the stones.

bugger.

theNumbers

I check on the notebook if the transformer for the notebook can handle 100 to 240 volts and 50 - 60 cycle. If it can't, I walk. Same goes for printers. My notebook, Toshiba, works just fine in Thailand and in the USA. I have printers that I have had no problems. Although I did buy one Epson printer that did not meet the criteria. Bought shit in Thailand to take care of the problem, only to watch the printer go up in smoke.

EPSON PRODUCTS

Scroll almost to the bottom to Photo Printers and you should find your model. But, I did a quick random sample and found they're all 120 volts only - but 50-60 cycles, so you can use a voltage adapter, as unlike with your turntable, the frequency isn't specific.

BTW I have vinyl here as well, but fortunately I checked re the frequency requirements and finally just bought a Rega P3 in Sg.

-redwood

Archived