The Beginning and the End of the Month!!!!!

Savittre

Hi Guys,

Just by coincidence, I've been in BKK 3 times this year, twice at the end of the month, and once more or less in the middle (like between the 10th & 15th).

Now, I certainly wasn't ignored when I was there between the 10th & 15th, but I felt that when I was there around the end of the month, the girls who took interest in me were more beautiful, less pushy about lady drinks, to sum up, made me feel more like they were someone I could have a good time with if I took 'em back to my hotel. Between the 10th to 15th, they were less attractive, put less effort into conversation, and perhaps were more likely to spit out 'Buy me cola.'

Yes, I know rent's due in Thailand at the end of the month, this, that and the other has to be paid, bar fine quotas have to be met, too. But I got what I thought was more of an attitude difference than I had expected (between the middle and the end of the month), but as you can see, if I only checked this out 3 times, that's not much to go on, is it?

That's why I wanted to compare my limited experience with what you guys who know more -expats, etc.- experience.

BTW, I was at NEP and Cowboy, also the Pong.

Thank you!!! smile.gif" border="0

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Savittre ]

Savittre,

I totally agree with your perceptions! I have coming to BKK for a couple days just about every month for the last 7 years and I think that at the end of the month and for about the first three days of a new month the ladies are alot more willing.

One place I used to see this for sure was Therme. More ladies and more good looking ones and the end of a month and beginning of a month. I especially saw this during the big economic down years. Now that things close early it is hard to gauge this. Also for some damn reason I have not been to BKK since 9/11. Must be because so few of you are traveling. Hey everybody get off your arse and travel so I have work! Cheers.

Roy

Savvy, admittedly your sample is small, but your obervations are well laid out. It's probably just for the reasons you suggest, plus a husband who drank up or gambled away a sum leaving the domestic unit short of cash at the end of the month.

On a tangent, something to put in the "Building a Better Bar" bucket -- stagger the girls' paydays. With everybody hitting quota at a different point in the month, the attitude of the bar could stay on a more even keel. None on the cyclothymic, PMS'sy mood swings that some establishments seem to have.

BTW, I was in Phnom Penh during the first 5 days of August, the ladies there are a lot hungrier than I ever saw in Bangkok!

One thing that sort of confuses me about Bangkok is, the Go-Go girls, as I understand it, get their salary at the end of the month. So why the need to get customers at the beginning of the month? I can understand it during the last week of the month, but why after the bar has paid salary? smile.gif" border="0

Savittre,

Stickman used to have an article on his website - I think it was called "Princess for a Dime" or something like that. It's not there now; I think he is reorganizing his short articles sections - he might put it back up later. Anyway, the article discusses various methods on getting a BG on the cheap, including going hunting for one near the end of the month.

I have read from various other sources about how Thai society is generally one of "Eat, Drink and Be Merry, and let tomorrow take care of itself". If there is any truth to that, consider the girls who are "semi-pro" - they have a regular day job, and sleep around to top up their income as need be. Well, the need is greater near the end of the month, when last month's pay is already spent. So, the supply of freelancers at the Thermae, Nana disco, etc. ought to go up.

JG

Definetly end of the month syndrome. Just before so they can be sure to cover the rent. Just after because they've just paid the rent and are now broke and need something to help support them eating.

Same is true incidentally for traffic at malls. Picks up significantly right after payday. Just go to MBK on the first weekend after the end of the month and it'll be shoulder to shoulder.

Same is also true for traffic. A lot of partying goes on that Friday if it is also payday. Traffic in the entertainment areas are a real bitch.

Anyone ever notice how taxi drivers too look a little hungrier towards the end of the month?

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: Lamock Chokaprret ]

quote:

Originally posted by Savittre:

BTW, I was in Phnom Penh during the first 5 days of August, the ladies there are a
lot
hungrier than I ever saw in Bangkok!

One thing that sort of confuses me about Bangkok is, the Go-Go girls, as I understand it, get their salary at the end of the month. So why the need to get customers at the beginning of the month? I can understand it during the last week of the month, but why
after
the bar has paid salary?
smile.gif" border="0

Most of that salary is already spent or due before they get it. Still a few bills to get paid, that can wait a few days into the month but not too many. Add the phone call from home because Father was "sick" in bed all of last month, or her good-for-nothing brother also owes rent, etc...

Archived