Track Star Marion Jones Guilty

Steve

...of taking steroids after years of denying it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21138883/

Its particularly upsetting to me as I ran track for a number of years and it paid for my college on a scholorship.

Even in my day there was rumors of certain runners and I knew where to get it if I wanted it. I will admit to at least thinking of it. Never seriously enough to seek it out but the pressure of competing with great athletes as well as the prospect of the fame of putting in stellar performances made any runner give it at least a passing thought. However, when I heard it would shrink your 'wee wee', I knew I could NEVER take it. :nahnah:

She should give back her medals. And it should be awarded to the next person.

Another case of failing to learn from history.

A few years back an Australian sprinter Raelene Boyle, winner of three Olympic silver medals... running second to the East German drug cheats, went to Germany after the reunification to confront the gold medalists and their team mates. A lot of these women had enormous health problems from years of steroid taking.

I think she came away thinking that she may have been the winner after all.

Raelene Boyle, a truly great Australian and one of the last of the true amateur athletes.

'She should give back her medals. And it should be awarded to the next person'

heard the story on the radio in a state of euphoria after a good session with the GF.

didn't get all the details but i gather that one of the silver medallists at the time was also a druggie.

how far back should they go back to give medals?.

the ones that lost out were the people in the USA olympic qualifying games that she beat to get to the Olympics ,

These women worked hard to try and make the Olympic team , They did not get to go to Sydney :(

She went to Sydney , and "won" the medals and made millions in product endorsments.

OC

PS.....but what is the Federal government spending all this money chasing her for ?

You would think they has better things to do !

Archived