Eating Thai in Dubai Compared to Bangkok

The_Munchmaster

Was out the other night in Dubai with a couple of friends and their daughter and went to a Thai restaurant in one of the beach front hotels.

The restaurant was coincidentally called Mun Chi Restaurant! (I was very tempted to nick outside and add an 'e' to the end. :) )

We had 11 dishes between us and to drink, one bottle of a very ordinary chardonnay, 3 bottles beer (Tiger and Singha), a drambuie, a port, 3 coffees and 3 Miranda.

Total cost was AED 1,070 which is about Baht 10,000.

I would guess in Bangkok it would cost about half of that. :dunno:

Munchie, I would say you are probably about right you could do it for half if you are talking about a restaurant in a half decent Bangkok hotel. And probably a third the price if it was a slightly less pretentious retaurant not in a hotel? I think a similar meal for four with drinks in a slightly "flash" Thai restaurant in the UK would set you back about the same as you paid in Dubai? The wife and I had a meal last friday evening in an ok but nothing special Thai place in Hove and the bill was about £50 for the two of us. That was a small starter, three dishes and two jasmine rice. Plus two singhas and a bottle of house white wine.

Simie.

Archived