Ho Chi Minh City???

dogtag

• 1 month later...

From what I'm told, there are a number of bars with women "available" in Saigon. Lots of freelancers riding on their pimps' motorcycles too. But the cops take a dim view of the sex trade and you can get hassles taking the gals back to your room. I met a Canuck who taught there a couple of years. He couldn't wait to come back to Bangkok, even though he was getting double the money he would in Thailand.

Hi ,

Lots of bars around the Rex hotel part of the city ,and near the Caravelle hotel.

If you walk out of the Caravelle ,,(has a great rooftop bar ) and turn right and right again at the next corner (short walk) you will see a row of bars with American type names ..like salloon bar etc .

When the girls see you they all wave and scream at you .

Expect to pay USD50 short time (the girls all talk in USD) and pay the bar 100,000 VND...about 6USD

Enjoy

<< When the girls see you they all wave and scream at you . >>

Nice to know some things don't change. In the late '60s they'd run out and try to drag you inside! (Inside the bar I mean ... :D )

Saigon (now part of "HCM City") is a youngish city, only stolen from the Khmer in the 18th century. The streets were laid out by the French. The south has absorbed some of the easy going attitude of the Thais and Cambodians. Hanoi is a very old city and northerners are considered more like the Chinese. In fact, a Chinese acquaintance told me they consider the Viets to be a Chinese hill tribe! :p

Lots of Khmers still live in the Mekhong Delta region. They were always easy to recognise by their darker complexions and their big boobs. The average Viet gal is rather small on top.

Archived