Roaming around BKK nightlife...alone.

Davy

Not everybody goes to LOS for holiday

Some go for shopping, medical, business etc.and these people often travel alone and stay a short time only

So that made me wonder...

If you are a farang (and not a typical 50+ year old sex tourist) and still want to have a night to enjoy and you are alone, would that be a disadvantage?

Easy to hook-up with the decent crowd (Students/people with proper jobs etc.) ?

Would it backfire on you? would they see you as a tourist who is into xxx only as you are sitting there all alone,havin a beer?

As for myself,i can enjoy with a beer on my own, no problem but still,where ever i go, i do always manage to enjoy myself by getting along with the local people or other tourists, however, i have not traveled alone in Bangkok yet. (thats why my question :nahnah:

Even if you have an attitute like "i dont give a shit, i enjoy,screw what other people are thinking" , it does sends out a signal (can be negative)

This is what i have experienced more or less in some other Asian country.

Would it look despirate to be in places like Soi Cowboy/Nana Plaza when you are sitting there by yourself?

Would the crowd,including the bargirls whom u want to pick have their judgements ready and treat you different (higher prices/less interest) from others who are in a group?

just wondering :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Davy,

Well I did it and had a great time. Didn;t really hook up with any people though. Met a crowd of Thai guys who sat outside a store in the evenings near my hotel and spent a couple of nights drinking beer with them. other than that I spent my time with the girls in the bars. Just walk into any of the bars and there will be girls to talk to for the price of a lady drink. I prefered sitting out in the road on soi cowboy watching people and talking to the girls to sitting inside by myself watching bored girls in bikinis shuffle.

No problems with being in Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy by yourself - probably makes it easier to talk to the girls and you will get more attention. And if you find a girl you like then you'll have someone to go round with. The girls are going to judge you and some will try to scam you whatever. Just make sure you know how to say no, what the going rate is and keep track of your drink tab.

As to how people see you - well probably as a whore monger which made me feel uncomfortable. It depends where in the city you are, who you are dressed and who you are with though.

Not everybody goes to LOS for holiday

Some go for shopping, medical, business etc.and these people often travel alone and stay a short time only...

Very true. I read somewhere that at least one in every 6,000 adult males who visit Bangkok alone for more than 24 hours does not indulge in any form of P4P. :applause:

Would it look despirate to be in places like Soi Cowboy/Nana Plaza when you are sitting there by yourself?

No. I reckon at least a third, possibly a greater proportion of punters in those places go there alone. :clown: I usually do. :clown: You'll see loads of blokes boozing solo in all the bars. :drunk: Of course, you won't be on your own for more than 3 minutes. :hubba: Though, if you're determined, you can tell the birds to piss off and leave you alone and (eventually) they will.

If you go out to non-in-your-face-P4P-wise joints (like the Huntsman pub in the basement of the Landmark, and other such "sanitised" boozers) then, yes, you will be left alone and feel like a bit of a loser. That's how I always feel, anyway, when I've got some work thing the next morning and am desperately attempting a quiet well-behaved two-pints-and-in-bed-by-midnight night out. :(:angel::(

Of course, I always give up after about half an hour and I'm in a taxi to NEP like a pig after truffles and the next day's early appointment is already missed... :drunk::devil: :hubba: :shhh::doah:

One thing I do know, mate. Going out alone or otherwise, there is absolutely no point planning or imagining what is going to happen on a night out in LOS. :nono: You never know. Anything can happen and will. And that's why we love it. :hug:

jack :help:

I do travel plenty of times to cities all over Asia, being on myself is a blessing sometimes, but also a curse

In India i couldnt get it any club at all, you needed to be with female (different situation, i know but still)

Singapore also gave me reason to ask my questions etc.

As for Bangkok, i guess Jack did answer my Q. properly, i think lonely travelers should be happy NEP/Cowboy are there :D

@Shygy

I am there for business, but this business is not 24/7, i like some entertainment as well now that i am not married yet ;-)

There is a whole lot more to the entertainment in Bangkok then NEP and Soi Cowboy. Both of those places are soley focused on getting guys in, having a few drinks, making a purchase, and leaving.

There are heaps of more casual things like pool bars where you can go in, meet a girl, play some pool, have some drinks, have some small talk, and then move onto the bar next door... most of the girls are available for hire...

compared to Singapore, BKK is a different world... forget everything you think it will be like, because there is more... and something to suit every taste and budget.

Cheers,

Daewoo

....If you are a farang (and not a typical 50+ year old sex tourist) and still want to have a night to enjoy and you are alone, would that be a disadvantage?

Absolutely not.

Absolutely not.

Archived