rehabilitated [or at least moving in the right direction]

buddha

I am three months removed from Bangkok and in a much better frame of mind. I certainly do not in anyway blame Bangkok or the 'scene' for my demise, but it sure is a comfy place to waste away.

Thank you for any suggestions on what course of action was needed to get things back on track.

Ah Bangkok, such a challenge for those of us inclined to engage in self-destructive behavior, given the opportunity... Good on you for getting out and started in the right direction - three months is not so long, though, get some more time between you and the Mango... and watch out when you go back for a visit! I was bad enough when I was living there, but now on my occasional short visits I'm a bloody terror...

Bangkok is tough because it not only has all the temptations of any other big city (okay, far more! and so tempting) but the Thai culture allows you to conceal, deny, shrug off, or vaguely smile a non-answer so easily... then combine that with the leeway you get as a farang... Becomes second (and eventually third) nature to be living a second (and third) life while you're there.

cheers,

YimSiam

Archived