Gold could hit $3400 per oz.

chuckwoww

past?....gold plundering in amazonia is right now so you can squirrel away your loot to protect your future.....maybe your gold isn't sourced there, who knows. you wont. who gives a fuck, do you?...the hawks in dc you hate are no different to you just bigger fish than you.

Itâ??s a fair question. I only have a bit of gold and thatâ??s in ETFs if you know what they are. Who knows where the gold came fromâ?¦all over the world probably. Do I care where it came from? No. The stock market stinks at the moment. Real estate doesn't look so great. To me having some gold is insurance against the out of control Federal Reserve money printers and the crooks on Wall Street. They've probably figured out a way to confiscate central bank gold holdings anyway so nobody can get at it. That's how paranoid they are. The world is in a precarious state at the moment...due mainly to overpopulation IMO...I try to take care of myself and my family. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite in your book...I don't know.

You and me seem to have some kind of argument going on but Iâ??m not sure what itâ??s about. Colonialism is it? Iâ??ll try to clarify my thoughts on the matter.

Contrary to what you may think Iâ??m not some wimpy liberal do-gooder. Iâ??d say there were good and bad aspects to 18th and 19th Century expansion by the European powers. I think a case can be made that the British, as distinct from French, German Belgian and Spanish, left the colonies better off than they found them. Iâ??m sure a lot of Indians and Africans would disagree with that. The downside of course was that a lot of indigenous people got screwed and Britain inherited a lot of new citizens and unresolved issues.

So here we are in the 21st. Century and I thought humanity had progressed beyond the blatant neo-colonial land grab that just happened in Iraq. Thatâ??s what really bothers you isnâ??t it? My attitude to Iraq? I guess I was naïve enough to think that the world had outgrown that kind of thing. Obviously I was wrong. As you know I worked in Iraq. I liked the country and the Iraqi people. Theyâ??ve just had their country destroyed. Bush and Blair can maybe say ...â??look we got rid of Saddamâ?? but the only beneficiary that I can see is Israel, and maybe Iran, and that was unintentional. You may see the invasion of Iraq as part of the long Western tradition but to me it was an illegal, immoral, and not very smart, attempt to appropriate another countryâ??s resources. It's indirectly driven up prices for everybody and turned a lot of people against America. For what? I also see it as a regression to the days of â??gunboat diplomacyâ?? with all its racist implications. It bothers me that humanity doesnâ??t seem to learn from its mistakes. But that's just me...and for the record I don't hate anybody.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived