Rainbow Trifecta

Sarisin

Last night (my last out in Bangkok for awhile) I decided on a mini-run of sorts. I hit all three Rainbow bars in NEP - and I liked what I saw.

First, all three had lower drink prices than the Hollywood or Crown Group bars. Second, all three had quite a plethora of available ladies. Ladies were dancing topless in all three bars, but no shows or bottomless.

A few specific comments:

Rainbow 1 is the standby. Plenty of friendly and fun dancers and staff. Lots of stunners too. A medium-sized crowd with a mix of Asians and farangs. The two pains-in-the-ass wideload waitresses, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, make this bar less fun for me though.

Rainbow 2 was packed to the rafters and we actually had a problem finding a seat. We ended up sitting barside in the Stiff Neck Section. This bar not only has oodles of stunners, but also a number of uber-stunners or semi-goddesses. But, sadly, these babes will not maintain eye contact with you or smile - period. And, more bad news. The place was at least 90% Asian male customers. As you might guess, the goddesses headed right for these guys and sat with them motionless until it was time to head back to the stage for more tantalizing of us poor schmucks not willing to pay 3,000 baht for a ST. But, there were more than enough good-looking women to entertain us. Some cute waitresses too.

Rainbow 3, the new kid on the block, has become a favorite of mine. You may feel different though. Many of the dancers are good friends who are refugees from Titty Twister and Fantasia. Same with the mamasan and a few waitresses. My two friends and I were the only customers in the bar with about 40 dancers. We had better than VIP treatment.

One more commonality with the Rainbow bars. If you hate disco/techno, please look elsewhere as that is all they play. Although the Isaan version of 'I Will Survive' had the dancers rocking in the three bars.

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

Rainbow 2 was packed to the rafters and we actually had a problem finding a seat. We ended up sitting barside in the Stiff Neck Section. This bar not only has oodles of stunners, but also a number of uber-stunners or semi-goddesses. But, sadly, these babes will not maintain eye contact with you or smile - period. And, more bad news. The place was at least 90% Asian male customers. As you might guess, the goddesses headed right for these guys and sat with them motionless until it was time to head back to the stage for more tantalizing of us poor schmucks not willing to pay 3,000 baht for a ST. But, there were more than enough good-looking women to entertain us. Some cute waitresses too.

Yes indeed! I love your words "uber-stunner or semi-goddess." Rainbow II has slowly ramped up to stratospheric status in the past few months. There are times when you examine the line-up and your mouth just hangs open in dismay for the sheer beauty.

In general I guess I agree with your assessment about eye contact/approachability but I have found that it's not always like that. I recently "talked to" one of the uber-stunners and it was hands-down the best "talking to" I ever had, period. It was the way "talking to" oughtta be. In fact she was so "loquatious" that I WILLINGLY paid a new personal high of 2500 baht because I thought she actually earned it and deserved it.

The best strategy in the Rainbow bars is to have an ally -- a girl in there that you befriend, who will then help you "talk to" the other girls. My ally is lovely herself but not quite a stunner. I slip her a few hundred baht and a couple of drinks when I'm in there. This guarantees that she continues to be my ally. Worth every baht.

Rainbow II's definitely got busier with the Asians in the past year or so. There must be an equivalent Japanese site recommending it. Damn these Japs that won't stick to Thaniya wink.gif" border="0

A very cute girl I know who I'd had on 'borderline' consideration status (primarily through her lack of breasts) was desperate for customers about 6-7 months ago. Now, she's never free. And, yes, of course I'm now desperate for her wink.gif" border="0

This past Tuesday, I did an "official" (as in "assigned to me") Bar Review of Rainbow II and III for the new Nanapong News website.

I don't normally hang out at the NEP "group" go-gos.

So, anyway, the pricing policy is 110 baht for customer drinks, and 75 baht for lady drinks, regardless of what you order (within reason,I suppose). 500 baht barfine.

What struck me was the "formula" nature of the place - all the dancers looked like near clones of one another. I doubt whether the height difference between shortest and tallest was 4 cm. All were slender and young, most has lightened their hair.

Tastes differ - out of about 30 dancers I watched, I would not have put more than one in the "9" category, but likewise, only one "5". I put the median at 7.25.

Mamasan told me that she had 70 dancers total, 40 of whom go "just smiles" - but with the police pressure, it is hit and miss for full nudity. Tuesday night was nothing more than topless until about 10:35 pm, when there was a muffled announcement by mamasan, and suddenly most of the bikini bottoms dropped away.

The place was standing room only by 11:00 pm on a Tuesday night - 85% farang that night.

One really nice thing I noticed was that there appears to be a formal company policy against asking customers for drinks - as part of my review, I deliberately waited for a solicitation, to see how it was handled. Although ladies plopped down with me in both bars, no one asked for a drink. I had to initiate the offer in all cases.

Toilets were clean (Rainbow II has an attendant, but he doesn't touch you or say anything - just hands you a towel).

Personally, I like a little more chaos and reckless abandon in a bar, than what I saw at the Rainbows. I also like slightly older girls, with a little more meat (and variation).

But these places are really pushing for quality in service and satisfaction. I gave my 1000 baht note with my "check bin" in each case - after counting things up myself - and change was spot on in both places. Good places to go when you're not in the mood for any unpleasant surprises.

"Let the good times roll!"

Bangkok Butterfly

Archived