Bobs Texas barbecue Pattaya

flacko

Gentlemen just ate last Night at Bobs Texas barbecue in Pattaya.I have to say this is easily the best American barbecue I have every had in Thailand.Go between 5 and 7pm and get the smoked ribs special for 179 baht big portion of ribs,salad,corn on the cob and patato salad a steal at that price.

Also I am a bit of a Mexican food junkie there nachos of terrific better then any other version I have had in Thailand not has good has the States but still very very Good!

FYI, just as you're entering Pattaya from the main road from Bkk, on the outskirts of town, there's a sign stating something about Texas Barbeque. I'm from Texas, so I stopped in. Looking it over, it wasn't barbeque at all--it was what we call "sloppy joes". I saw some Europeans at a table. I didn't want to interrupt their meal, but felt I had to say something. So I saw one of them walking around--or so I thought. I came up to her and said, "I'm from Texas and this is NOT BBQ. She said, "I know, I'm the owner and I'm Danish."

At least I didn't say what I really thought of it. My family left without ordering a thing.

The owner is not Danish,talked to him myself Bob is from Texas here is a little proof to back up what i say.

National Barbecue Association

Bob competed in numerous BBQ cookoffs in south Texas before retiring to Thailand and setting up Bob's Texas Barbecue in Pattaya. If you think you can handle a 78.5 pound hamburger ...

www.nbbqa.org/bbq_newsroom.asp · Cached page

He is also in the Guiness Book of world records for Worlds largest hamburger.You Obviously don't know what your talking about

After rereading your post I concluded that you didn't go to Bobs after all.His restaurant is off Second Road in Pattaya.Soi Lk Metro Area up the side Street from Diana Hotel,Actually near The Hell Club.So I can't really say you don't know what your talking sinse you never really ate there.Bob is there 7 days a week in the evenings so give it a try talk to him hell of a nice guy

I should have clarified. This was a different BBQ joint. It was on the main road, on the edge of town. The owner was a Danish female.

Glad to hear there's some good BBQ in Pattaya. May check it out next time. Take care. Oh...my Thai wife, never heard of BBQ sauce. When I've heard Thais use the term "bbq" they refer to what we back home call "a cookout". BBQ is of course, sauce. So, I bought some Kraft BBQ sauce in a jar, and my wife went nuts over it.

Archived