World wide economic collapse

spirit_of_town_hall

California is the 6th largest economy? Wow, This is what I mean when I say investment here means something, and failed investments here means something as well.

I didn't look at the websites, but I will bet Baht to broccoli that Thailand's economy is much much smaller on those sites. Helps put things in perspective.

I will respond to CW's comment about money supply when I am sober.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The US is the world's largest economy, yes, but Japan is the second. When Japan went through its problems, did the rest of world suffer that much?

I don't share your sentiments, chocosteve.

No problema bibblies. Just gotta say that Japan is a distant 2nd. U.S. is 24% of the worlds GNP. What is Japan?

The world has withstood a recession in Japan, but has the world withstood prior recessions in the U.S.? I don't know off hand to tell ya the truth but my guess is it didn't or specifically europe.

Can someone look it up? I'm too lazy. :smirk:

If there is global collapse, it might be helped along with a few well placed terrorist attacks or natural disasters. Katrina should have made people realize 'they are on their own' and if another attack should happen, we are not much better off. But yet, when I talk to people, nobody seems to have any plans in case there is a disaster. The popular tune is 'eat and be merry, for tomorrow we might be dead'.

Archived