Another GOOD Immigration experience

Dumsoda

...happy to report yet another GOOD immi experience...

arrived back in Oz Monday night....and was NOT a happy camper!!!!

Bought the Duty free Booze to kill the pain of the next few days... and walked into the Immi Queue from Hell!!!!!

Got to my turn...at the counter...easy peasy...2 seconds and waved through..

>>>Then the supervisor behind the line grabs me on the way past....OMG....

FARKKKKKKKKKKKKK thinks me....they must know...that I know...Piggy AND Tiger....

I'm FarrrrkkD, I think.....hope they have KY with the Rubber gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and the "Warming" one...lol...

This "very" polite gentleman...chats with me....I see you've been to Thailand 18 times in the last 2 years....Oh Farkkkk

...Yes sir, that would be correct...

...Business or pleasure??...he asks

Mainly Business...with a little pleasure thrown in, says me with a wink....hehehe!!

What do you do?? he asks

I'm a photographer...says me...5555

NO I DIDN"T....But it was tempting....55555

Told him what I did.... Thank you Sir...waved me through...

...Before I get to my bag....I'm stopped again... by a Quarantine Inspector...and a very nice one she was, at that!!

Another 20 questions....chat chat...no issues... She stamps my arrival card (Never seen that before) and motions me to pick up my bag and join the "Mile" long queue...

Get to the point where they decide which line to put you in.... the girl looks at my card....and says you can go there Sir.... which turns out to be the Exit door.... No Xray, no nuthin'

Un far can believable...BUT True!!

Now, why didn't I buy 4 litres of booze, instead of 2.....LOL

Cheers DC

Only fair to note that when I went to US in October, my immigration experience on entry was almost like it didn't happen. Medium length line, no questions by immigration agent, customs no sweat either.

Of course it could have been the virgin passport I was traveling on. Had to get it replaced because my old one was damaged. Had a lotta miles on the old one.

Well we got through today no hassles. Flew into Minn. Standing in line a man in other line sees my wife's thai passport. He tells her she is in wrong line. I say no she has resident card. Then customs officer walks over to him. Talks to him. Then us, looks at my wife's passport and card. Says welcome back. Go to counter. They look at our paper work,stamps it and says have a good day.

No insp. or nothing,even though we were bringing back a 3' tall statue..

• 2 weeks later...

Had it go well in Seattle last night. No "random" search or questions about five trips to LOS/Cambodia since the passport was issued. Had said that I had been on a farm as I had been within 50 feet of a pig pen, but that just got a quick look at the bottom of my shoe to make sure there was no pig shit sticking to it.

Archived