Well done-congratulations.

Guest baldrick

I'm all for freedom of speech but anybody who uses the N word should apologise. Prince Philip used this in the eighties. He also said "wog" several times. You can find references to this on the web if you search. Strangely the BBC website does not list these although it does list many other blunders that no ambassador should make.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

ok not so funny.

Still throwing spears? (Question put to an Australian Aborigine during a visit in March 2002)

funny

"British women can't cook." (1966)

true, except my mum!

"Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed." (during the 1981 recession)

cruel, but thats british humor for you!

"We didn't have counsellors rushing around every time somebody let off a gun, asking 'Are you all right? Are you sure you don't have a ghastly problem?' You just got on with it." (commenting in 1995 on modern stress counselling for servicemen)

has a point!

"If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?" (in 1996, amid calls to ban firearms after the Dunblane shooting)

cricket bats dont kill people-people do!

"Bloody silly fool!" (in 1997, referring to a Cambridge University car park attendant who failed to recognise him)

true!

"It looks as if it was put in by an Indian." (in 1999, referring to an old-fashioned fuse box in a factory near Edinburgh)

lmfao. corker!

"They must be out of their minds." (in 1982, in the Solomon Islands, after being told that the annual population growth was only 5%)

me dont get that one?

"You are a woman, aren't you?" (in 1984, in Kenya, to a native woman who had presented him with a small gift)

chuckle

"Your country is one of the most notorious centres of trading in endangered species in the world." (in 1991, in Thailand, after accepting a conservation award)

aint that the truth!

"Oh no, I might catch some ghastly disease." (in 1992 in Australia, when asked to stroke a Koala bear)

sure not confused with bust :smirk:

.....i could go on, but for farks sake most of these gaffs are hardly bigoted or racist nor comic genius, just amusing!

Archived