Well done-congratulations.

Guest baldrick

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phillip,

Yes, rather well of them to have lasted so long! I too shall raise hoist and hail to them as well! Would be rather splendid to be in London to share in the moment and witness the pageantry, yet once again they give us cause for national pride.

May best of God and country be bestowed upon them on this occasion.

Best Regards-BST

Phillip,

Oh my dear lad, yes indeed the splendor is grand to behold isn't it? In my years of service in the Royal Navy, I had chance and privilege to meet most all the royals at various times. A grand event it is indeed!

I recall meeting the Queen Mum while receiving an honor during my first run as a seaman. While making a walking tour of the ship, she leaned in and said to me " tell me sailor, how's the grog and tucker on this tub?" Always one to raise a smile with her wit.

Later she led the lads in song and even a bit of an old bawdy number of sorts, which while perhaps inappropriate to some, did endear her to all of us. Gave a bit of a feeling that she was more a dear old aunt or such, and a feeling that we were indeed all in it together. A splendid lady she was.

Oh, pardon me, as I see I rambled on a bit there sport, but the mere mention of the Royal splendor does still get to me. Do wish I was there to see it in person. Rather a pity some see only to mock it.

Best Regards-BST

Archived