Well done-congratulations.

Guest baldrick

You're assuming that he went to school. :smirk:

Mr. Munch,

Yes sir, it is indeed a pity to see what youth has become this day. This lots not surprising really with the hair dyed purple, glued in spikes, finger nails painted black and the look in wonder and confusion as they lose the good jobs to Pakies...

I suppose all is as it is to be, none the less, one must wonder if this youth has so much as a clue of what the crown as been and served in our national times? I seriously doubt not.

Best Regards-BST

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Despite your lack of national pride, assuming you are British

You are mistaking your infantile affection for a Greek racist for British pride.

I am a true British patriot, a person who is grateful to Oliver Cromwell for beheading Charles I. The monarchy should have ended then when the debate about "should we have a monarchy" was won by those who prefer democracy. Instead the debate has been rehashed again and again throughout the centuries and the democrats have always won.

So why do we have a monarchy? Because in 350+ years we have yet to have a decent person on the throne, one who would understand his role is an anachronism. A relic from the Feudal age of Britain and one that could have been ended by an ounce of integrity. The glorious empire started by Oliver Cromwell has been undermined at every turn by incompetant monarchs, resulting in the loss of the colonies in the New World and many other tragedies.

It was the love of democracy by the English public that caused Charles I to be tried and justly executed. That English love of democracy is still cherished in America. Why has it failed in England? Because the monarchy has undermined it constantly throughout history and to the present day.

Our political system is upside down, with a monarch at the top, below her is Parliament and then the subjects (who despite the monarchy can now be called citizens. It took a recent treaty with Europe to give us that right). By contrast the USA has its political system the right way up. It remains true to the cause for which the English civil wars were fought. The political system begins with the people at the top. The constitution acknowledges that the people are too busy with their lives to run the country, so they delegate their authority to elected representatives. The polititians and the President are just the hired help, working on fixed term contracts. Thanks to the monarchy this system was never adopted in the UK. Power was never transferred to the people. The polititians and the monarchy have an uneasy alliance in which they have various authority over the people. Authority to which the people never gave consent.

Our modern day love of the monarchy has cost us dear. Instead of national pride we bask in the second hand glory of our German descended Queen.

This lack of our own national pride is the reason why we have no acceptable definition of Englishness. It is why the people can only ridicule their nation when asked to find a British motto. Even flying the English flag has become synonymous with football hooligans and English fascism. It is all so sad.

Guest lazyphil

<>

he makes inept gaffs does prince philip, but no racist.he just doesn't pander to pc nonsense. we need more of the same, the fabiric of society is being chisseled away by pc obsessed zeolots.

how do you feel about the thai monarchy?....obviously if not good dont say here for legal reasons.

i once had infantile 6th former anti monarchy rhetoric but over the years i've mellowed my pov significantly. the queen and prince philip have proven to be incredible ambassadors to the uk. 'some' of the hangersoners are questionable however but no institution is perfect. i am a pint glass is half full person!

How can you say Prince Philip is an incredible ambassador for the UK? He has insulted entire nations in front of television news crews. Who knows what gaffs he's made to foreign dignitaries behind closed doors? He is not accountable to anybody and he appears to take pride in that. He is clearly an abyssmal ambassador.

I'm sure you are happier for being a "glass half full" person on this issue since we are stuck with them no matter how badly they do.

Archived