Whats your prefered hotel in BKK

frede

Solitaire, Soi 11

Large, 50 sqm, well appointed rooms with great city views, 42" flat screen plasma TV, DVD player, free high speed internet in room, free transportation to Suk Skytrains, nice pool area with comfortable lounge chairs, and most importantly to me, the rooms are quiet.

Cost last week was 2,900/day.

http://www.presidentsolitaire.com/z985/index.shtml

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must admit I am with frede on this occassion. When I was working in the Middle East the last thing I needed was to be in around Arabs, R'n'R is to be away from that culture. You really need to have experienced a few years in the Middle East to understand the contempt that one builds up for them.

Having been away from the M.E. for 3 years now they don't seem to bother me that much now, in fact 2-3 times a year I will even go to Soi 3/1 for some Lebanese food, but at the time my contempt was probably as that shown by frede.

Its so strange isn't it. I mean ....I am not a KKK memeber, I have an Asian Mrs, half caste kids. But , fuck me, I cant stand the locals! Having to take a walk down soi kek and eat a meal would choke me. Indeed I'd be like the posh bird in little Britain!

Regency Park, Suk Soi 22

Been staying there 3 times a year for about 6 years.

Expensive for what it is (Baht 2,200 - 2,300) but great location for me.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. After 10 years in the same hotel I've just realised they havent changed the aircon in all those years. I went through 3 different rooms in one day trying to get a cool one. Scaff

Archived