Problem getting Yahoo Messenger phone-out service

rookie

Is there a way I can get it while in Thailand??

I want cheap dial-up phone rates to the US and not P2P. Yahoo's Messenger phone-out service works in Thailand...IF...one has already obtained it where is it offered. In Asia, only Singapore is listed.

I tried putting funds in Messenger's phone-out service by creating a new Yahoo e-mail address and loaded Messenger. Then applied for Messenger's Phone-out service using my US bank debit card and my sister's US address (which is where my bank statement is sent). Yahoo rejected the card, though it is good.

Previously I'd tried it with a different Yahoo e-mail address and different copy of Messenger, using my Thai bank debit cards and finally my US debit card. The bank cards were rejected. I then deleted Messenger and traces of it in the registry before doing what is listed in the above paragraph.

Is there a way around getting Messenger here in Thailand...or must I just get Skype??

I have no idea about ya-ho's application process. My guess is they did not reject your debit card. They rather saw that the IP-address the application was sent from is listed with a thai ISP. Therefore you must be outside the US and that might be the reason you were rejected.

So if you feel lucky and have someone in the US you can trust (your sister?) ask her/him to open an yahoo email/account for you and apply for phone-out using your card details. You may change the password for that account afterwards. Not saying it will work but it might.

...My guess is they saw that the IP-address the application was sent from is listed with a thai ISP.

So if you feel lucky and have someone in the US you can trust (your sister?) ask her/him to open an yahoo email/account for you and apply for phone-out using your card details.

Yep...I suspicioned it was the Thai ISP; gonna have my computer illiterate sister give it a shot.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Archived