Injured Joggers get 50 mil

Steve

The 35-year-old mother of three was jogging with three other women on April 8, 2006, when she was struck by a car from behind. Her friend, avid runner and mother Carol Daniel, 42, was paralyzed as well, but did not suffer brain damage.

The women and their husbands held a news conference Wednesday to discuss a settlement of about $50 million they received this week from the city of Dana Point. Their attorney argued that the bike lane they were running in was poorly marked and far too wide, leading motorists to believe it was another driving lane.

The driver of the car, William Todd Bradshaw, pleaded guilty to felony hit-and-run causing permanent injury, and is serving four years in prison.

I know that strip of PCH (pacific coast hwy) at Dana Point. No way I'd be caught jogging on there.

Guest lazyphil

with you on the road, i'd be in nothing less than a challenger tank :neener::cover::grinyes:

just going out in a moment for 5 miles, all road work, too dark for my cross country route.

Guest lazyphil

theres a gay thai guy in the illustrious thai community here who got run over by a car full of turks (on purpose, apparently) outside a gay club, one of the group died, he recently after months in hospital had one leg at the knee amputated, it had gone manky....theres rumors on the jungle drums of a 6 figure payout....no doubt he'll assume extra friends soon :smirk:

My bad driving is due to my thinking I'm driving in LOS (as they drive opposite side).

I had a colleague years ago who'd been a child during WWII. She told me the Nipponese gents drove full speed down the middle of the road in Bangkok - and everyone had to get out of their way or be flattened!

Archived