City Fitness

thegreatone

I think you are referring to a place that was on Rama 4. I am not sure if it is still there.

Fitness clubs have become much more popular in Bangkok. The two biggest clubs in Bangkok now seem to be Fitness First and California Wow.

Fitness First has branches in other countries and I think you can use their facilities in Thailand if you have the right sort of membership outside of Thailand. I suggest checking your local club. Fitness First has a club at the corner of Rama 4 and Sathorn which makes it a quick jog or one MRT station away from the Dusit. Here is the link for Fitness First in Thailand Fitness First

You're right the fitness place on the corner of Dusit Hotel has now closed. Can't remember exactly what it is now but for some reason I seem to think it has become a Thai Culinary School.

The old fitness place there had a reputation of being a gay pick up place as well - at least that's what Thai colleagues told me.

there were some too frindly gay Thai guys there. That place would be antiquated by today's standards. My lungs hurt after doing areobics. I think there was a lot of pollution from the surrounding streets.

I'd like to join a club which you could use in Bkk and Pattaya.

IHMO, the best fitness club now in Bangkok is probably Fitness First. It's a bit more expensive than California Wow, but seems to have better facilities. There are a fair number of clubs throughout Bangkok, but I don't know if they have any in Pattaya.

The number of fitness clubs here has increased dramtically over the last few years. Almost as dramatically as waistlines.

Archived