Thigh Bar Revisited

Sarisin

Several months ago I posted a consumer warning on the Patpong spot Thigh Bar. They were charging 160 baht for ladies drinks (1 oz. of wine and lots of ice) and requiring the purchase of 4 ladies drinks before you could pay a barfine. Also, the dancers, mamasans, and staff were obnoxiously and aggressively pushing these ladies drinks.

We went back to Thigh Bar Wednesday night and I am sad to say things have not improved there much.

Oh, the 160 baht ladies drinks are gone and no 4 drink purchase requirement before a barfine. And, they still have a collection of lovely dancers.

However...

One friend had a major problem with the 3 (yes, 3) mamasans on the premises. He had a friend come back from a ST. Of course, the mamasan said he would still have to pay her barfine again if he wanted to take her. Double barfine. Jokingly, he asked for a 30% discount. Well, the mamasan gave him holy hell.

After that simmered down he agreed to pay the 400 baht barfine full amount. Then, that old scam many of us have seen before. He paid 1,000 baht, but mamasan insisted he paid only 500 baht. Shorted 500 baht.

Well, he went on a major rant threatening to call the police and give them hell to pay if she wasn't dressed and available in 2 minutes. I tried talking to him, but he would hear none of it. Finally, there was a reconciliation of sorts and he left with the lady.

I had already barfined a new Khorat Khutie and was going to leave with her. But, she wanted to stay and boogie a bit longer, so a few more drinks. I bought a beer for myself, a Bacardi Breezer for her, a gin and tonic for the mamasan, and a cola for her friend.

The lights came on and I handed the bin for totaling and payment. It came back with a total of 540 baht. What? Beer 90 b, Breezer 150 b, gin & tonic 160 b, and cola 140 b. The beer and Breezer were the correct price, but the pricks had padded the bill on me on the other two. It was my turn to raise hell with them.

Plenty of apologies and wais for me. They corrected the bill and brought me my change. It was 100 baht short. The mamasan had palmed a 100 baht note. When I called this to her attention, she laughed and said, "tip for me." I demanded the money back as I don't like employees who tip themselves with my money.

Although the lady I took turned out to be a real gem (except for asking for 3,000 baht for somewhere between a LT and ST), I will stay away from Thigh Bar another two or three months.

Those shitheads just don't get it. With their dishonest and thieving actions they have lost much more money in business lost compared with the little bit they stood to gain in the short run.

If you go to Thigh Bar, watch your bin and change very closely. Better: stay away and visit other bars in the 'pong like Safari, Goldfinger, and Pink Panther.

quote:

Originally posted by SanukBoot:

Sarisin,

Out of interest, what was the correct price for all drinks?

Sanukboot.

Beer: 90 baht (cheaper than most NEP)

Bacardi Cooler: 150 baht

Ladies Drink (cola, gin-tonic): 80 baht

The latter is where they tried to screw me. Stupid, as I had already bought several ladies drinks on my first bin.

Sarisin,

good job being on your toes to notice these discrepencies and doing something about it. A few more people like you will go a long way to discourage these practices.

I was at king 2 and they wrote down on the bill how much I handed them before getting the change. That's good form; protects them and the customer. They also wrote the number of who lady drinks were for on each bill.

Sarisin -

I recall how our friend used to speak of Patpong as the "Big Boys playground". I never disagreed to that. But then, I also never found it a "playground" (e.g. no fun in the first place). I am inclined to believe it was different until the early 90s (too early for me to tell)...but nowadays it's just a hassle place. Just like its western redlight equivalents.

Even with a lot of good will Patpong in general (?!) is beyond "TIT".

Yes, they (the shitheads, and especially the Patpong mamas) don't get it - yet they still seem to get through with their shite in 95% of all cases.

F**k them. Personally, I'd rather give my bath to one of those co-op beggars on the sukhumvit pedestrian bridges.

P.S.: Safari and Goldfinger are ok, but Pink Panther is already arguable, imo. Oh well...

quote:

Originally posted by Mysterious Max:

Sarisin -

I recall how our friend used to speak of Patpong as the "Big Boys playground". I never disagreed to that. But then, I also never found it a "playground" (e.g. no fun in the first place). I am inclined to believe it was different until the early 90s (too early for me to tell)...but nowadays it's just a hassle place. Just like its western redlight equivalents.

Even with a lot of good will Patpong in general (?!) is beyond "TIT".

P.S.: Safari and Goldfinger are ok, but Pink Panther is already arguable, imo. Oh well...

I've always thought of it more as a Tourist Playground rather than being for big boys. I think most residents stick to Cowboy or NEP. Having said that, I still like to visit once every few months or so. Like the other areas it is a moveable feast. Thigh Bar (before that Sawadee Bar)used to be my favorite place in the 'pong. I used to like Superstars a lot too. Now, I don't care for either one while I am gravitating back to Kings Group gogo bars based on a couple of ladies I recently took home - but, not from the bars themselves.

I still like Goldfinger and Safari for the lack of hustle, hassle, and horseshit. Nice ladies too.

Sarisin

I cannot understand why you went back so soon after being ripped off before. Sorry i missed the tour it sounds like it was a challenging evening. Will be back up on Tues.8th so do you fancy doing it again on the 9th !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've sent you a pm

uniformguy smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by uniformguy:

I cannot understand why you went back so soon after being ripped off before. Sorry i missed the tour it sounds like it was a challenging evening. Will be back up on Tues.8th

UG

If you're back in time (pre-7.45 pm) do you fancy the pub quiz at the Bull's Head (Soi 33/1) - you're almost British, after all!!

It's a good laugh, doesn't go on too late and we usually celebrate our victory in Soi Cowboy, where, incidentally, a young lady in a schoolgirl uniform was asking after you the other night!

Are you in Pattaya? If you see this in time, check out the Wunderbar on the beach road near Soi 8 - at the wedding I went to at the weekend there were two fine chaps from the Emerald Isle who will almost certainly be there for the next week or so!

See you sometime soon.

LG

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

The lights came on and I handed the bin for totaling and payment. It came back with a total of 540 baht. What? Beer 90 b, Breezer 150 b, gin & tonic 160 b, and cola 140 b. The beer and Breezer were the correct price, but the pricks had padded the bill on me on the other two. It was my turn to raise hell with them.

Ah, they must see you two coming!! Obviously recognising me as a totally sober and astute sort of chap, my one and only bill at the end of that rather lengthy session, during much of which I seemed to be with various combinations of 3 rather pleasant lasses, was ..... B540!! (I think 2 beers and 4 lasses' drinks) Maybe they have them pre-printed?!?

I really enjoyed Thigh Bar, which was quite bizarre given my usual opinion of the 'Pong and the fact that Goldfinger and Supergirl did little but confirm that opinion. Too busy yacking in Safari but definitely some nice looking dancers.

I stopped off at the Grace on the way home but did not see any of the 'regulars' from the week before!

BTW What happened to the Rock Hard meeting on the Thursday? I guess Miss Thighs had a lot of questions about Frodo and the boys which needed explaining!?

LG

Archived