A Change at Cosmos Bar, Patpong 2

Sarisin

Cosmos Bar on Patpong 2 has long been a favorite of mine. A quiet respite from the madness and cacaphony in the gogo bars. Lovely hostesses, cold, inexpensive draft beer, and lots of fun. A nice guy owner to boot.

Well, I was rather surprised Wednesday night when Uniform Guy and I visited this place.

First off, it was packed to the rafters at about 9:30pm and we could not find a seat. Secondly, the place was swarming with ladies. And, the vast majority were in their 'freelancers duds.'

I located one of my longtime friends here (a hostess) and asked her to explain. She told me that now the owner allows freelancers to, um, work there. Yes, there are still hostesses that dress rather smartly. Some of them are a bit older, but very sharp, and usually very good English. Also, there is a barfine of 500 baht involved with them and they will probably ask you more for their services.

I am not sure if there was a barfine with the freelancers - you wouldn't think so. They receive no salary and can pretty much come and go as they please as opposed to the hostesses who are paid monthly and have to work set hours. Many of the freelancers were very attractive and young.

Actually, the place reminded me of a mini-Thermae or a big fraternity party as the place was jumping. The freelancers did not seem Thermae-aggressive - though I was with a hostess, mind you.

Anyway, an interesting alternative to gogo bars, but keep in mind that they do close at 2am sharp.

Also, a few other Patpong notes:

UG and I had a good time in King's Castle I, but the little vixens are still hustling like crazy there. Plenty of young, spunky dancers. But, they do whine for their half glasses of cola and will pout if you don't buy them. If you buy for one, other dancers, and even countergirls and other staff will chime in with pleads for cola. UG had one lady bugging him for 100 baht for taxi fare, for chrissakes. So, I am still not sold on the new King's Group bar attitudes.

Many of you may recall Uniform Guy's search for ladies in uniform. Well, I am pleased to say he found the lady of his dreams in Goldfingers Bar. Her uniform? Well, she was wearing one of those one-piece bathing suits made popular by Esther Williams during the 40s I believe. The other problem was that the lady wearing this sexy suit was older that Esther Williams would be if she were alive. Still, I am sure I saw a bulge in UG's crotch area when she sat down next to him.

'fess up UG - did you go back for her?

We checked out Pink Panther and there were some decent looking ladies there, but we arrived too late and after one song, they headed for the dressing room.

I lucked out once again. I left UG and headed back up Patpong 2. In minutes I ran into two off-duty Kings Castle II dancers who were up for some fun. I actually knew them when they danced in Thigh Bar. It seems there are plenty of ex-Thigh Bar dancers floating around these days.

Anyway, they were more than happy to go with me for the night at 1,000 baht each. A great doubleheader and it goes to show you that not all Patpong gogo dancers are mercenary to the bone.

Patpong isn't bad, so I advise you to check it out.

Sarisin,

It sounds like I need to give Patpong another try. I still have never taken a girl from there-ever. Last time I went, I went with a friend (I was with my GF). He talked to a couple of stunners (he has very high standards) and had one from Pink Panther willing to go for 1500B LT. The other one from KC2 wouldn't budge off the old Kings Group mafia pricing of 2000B ST/4000B LT.

Did the KC girls know what you paid from prior experience, or do you just let them know that you live here and don't pay "tourist" prices? I haven't ever gone "hunting" in Patpong, but would like to give it a shot one night.

Were the freelancers at Cosmos a huge cut above the average Nana Disco girl? Do they mingle about, or stand in the corner and wait for you to approach them?

quote:

Originally posted by Ranger:

Sarisin,

Did the KC girls know what you paid from prior experience, or do you just let them know that you live here and don't pay "tourist" prices? I haven't ever gone "hunting" in Patpong, but would like to give it a shot one night.

Were the freelancers at Cosmos a huge cut above the average Nana Disco girl? Do they mingle about, or stand in the corner and wait for you to approach them?

Hi Ranger, I am shocked that you never had a lady from the 'pong. Hell, you are the only listmember I know who has had ladies from Jupiter, Mars, and Middle Earth.

It definitely does make a difference when you know the girls when it comes to prices. Girls I don't know always throw that 2,000 baht ST number at me. I think these two were just up for fun and the money was secondary - hey, it happens and not just in Disneyland.

The freelancers in Cosmos were about the same as those you would find in the Nana Disco, I think. It was just unusual to spot them in a former somewhat staid hostess bar. BTW, plenty of available freelancers in the two Patpong discos King's Lounge and King's Palace. Much smaller and smokier than Nana Disco though.

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

Hi Ranger, I am shocked that you never had a lady from the 'pong. Hell, you are the only listmember I know who has had ladies from Jupiter, Mars, and Middle Earth.

LOL!!!! I am about to take a Pattaya girl to see Lord of the Rings! I'm still working on Jupiter and Mars.

Ranger

quote:

Originally posted by Ranger:

LOL!!!! I am about to take a Pattaya girl to see Lord of the Rings! I'm still working on Jupiter and Mars.

Ranger

Please post a report on this. I did it myself just before New Years and it was interesting. Bar Girl (and her short attention span) vs. 3 hour movie with arcane and complicated plot.

quote:

Originally posted by TEDBKK:

Please post a report on this. I did it myself just before New Years and it was interesting. Bar Girl (and her short attention span) vs. 3 hour movie with arcane and complicated plot.

The Thai girl I took slept through most of it except when the action picked up. Of course, having a lovely head in my lap while I tried to play close attention to Frodo's engrossing dialogue was quite tough.

When she asked me many questions after the movie, I was tempted to buy her the book(s). Anyone know if it has been translated into Thai?

My understanding is these contractors (not freelancers) still generate bar fines for the bar and also get a cut from the drinks so technically they are not just girls walking in off the street and waiting for a shag.

While they opt not to get a salary (more freedom and flexibilty), they still have to be interviewed/approved by management in order to work there.

I found the girls clearly superior physically and mentally to thermae/nana disco girls.....

cardinalblue

Informative update on the current venue at Cosmos. I will personally check out in my upcomming visit. Patpong II, imo, is the place to martriculate with the exception of Goldfinger, Superstar and Safari in Pat.I. With the freelancers now @ Cosmos, that leaves Crown Royal and Executive Club as the remaining hostess clubs in Pat.II. I really like this Soi for various reasons. As Sarisan commented, a livable cacaphony plus some good eats (Bobby's Arms, Thai Room >get a window seat and watch the parade< plus my initiation bar Pink Panther. Patpong II is surely a dichotomy of Patpong I.

___ the Pale Rider

Archived