Bangkok nightlife happenings

Neo

Electric Blue in Patpong now opens earlier...4pm in fact making it the only afternoon gogo in town. Plus 55 baht drafts through 9pm and free popcorn all night.

Angelwitch in Nana has ratcheted drink prices up to 150 baht where everywhere else seems 120-135. No shortage of customers there and surprise surprise, tons of showing goes on there now! The only bar that shows in Nana at this time as far as I can tell. That is a good development. I know others have complained, but I like their new show format. It used to be solid show for hours, but now they give you a little show, then a little gogo, and it keeps alternating which gives good variety instead of being locked into one or the other.

Mercury bar in Nana has been renamed to Erotica, the same name as the other Erotica above it. Erotica VIP which used to exist above that has shown some curious signs of activity. The glass floor, formerly known as the gateway to heaven, has almost all been replaced by a regular ceiling save for a small round glass circle. Wandering up there you find a very dark, open space gogo with a few girls dancing and fewer customers.

I was anxious to find out about the smoking ban enforcement. I can say it is NOT being enforced in Nana. NOT enforced at the Heidelberg restaurant either. Figuring it just wasn't being enforced anywhere I was in for a surprise. I figured the last place this would be enforced are those after hours karaoke venues with terrible ventilation where the smoke is so thick many just can't take it. Low and behold the one I went to on phetch had no smoking signs up and no one was lighting up. Totally packed with customers just the same too. I am looking forward to more reports on where the smoking ban is being enforced.

Closing times throughout the bangkok gogo areas are late, after 2am is not a problem. Lights go out on the outside earlier, but inside things keep rolling.

Soi Cowboy is best for eye candy, Patpong best for low prices, and Nana best for sheer volume of girls.

At Nana last night the smoking ban was being enforced at all the farang places. The obvious violators were the Thai owned Rainbow bars, which most need the ban with their chain-smoking Japanese customer base. Also the Thai owned Pretty Lady had a few lighting up. It seems the Thai aversion to confrontation means the police will have to step in and make a few baht off these bars before they remove the ashtrays and post the No Smoking signs. Hope it happens soon. Taking their lighters away from the dek serves and forbidding staff to smoke would also seem logical moves. But this is Thailand, so logic...

Archived