adding music to my ipod while in Thailand

dean

Not really my Ipod but my wife's. I've never been able to access my ipod account while in Thailand and I need to do that in order to add music (or set up another account for my wife). Has anyone had any luck adding music to their ipods while in Thailand?

you are right! very strange!

maybe it has more to do with copyright issues? that they are concerned people from those countries are going to copy those stuff and they can not take legal action?

:yeahthat: It's all about copyright issues.

To Dean, the OP, there's heaps of places around Khao San Road that will put music on your iPod for you.

Also, you can go to Panthiip and by MP3 CD's and put them on your pod yourself.

iTunes has serveral stores by country(i.e., Japan, America, etc.). In order to buy from a particular iTunes store you have to have a credit card billable to an address in that country. For example, if you want to buy from the Japan iTunes store you have to have a credit card billable to an address in Japan. There is no way around this.

Note that even if you buy Thai CD's, MP3's, etc. and the songs are in Thai script you will not be able to see the Thai script on your ipod. It will just a blank space unless you type a unique supported language title to it. If you bought your ipod in America it does not support Thai script on the ipod. But you will be able to see the Thai script in iTunes.

Apple needs to step it up and start supporting the Thai script with the America based ipods. Also, Apple needs to get with the program and allow you to buy music from iTunes in different countries.

This didn't sound right so I sent off a note to my TechnoGeek buddy in Chiang Mai and he says:

"First, there isn't any reason he should not be able cannot access his wife's iTunes account if she had the account PRIOR to Thailand. You cannot get an iTunes account while in Thailand but you can certainly access from here it if you ALREADY have one.

Secondly, you're not required an iTunes account to set up music or sync the iPod with iTunes.

I have been doing it since coming here in 2004."

-redwood

Archived