Tom Boys

The Tom Boys who often are seen outside the bars are a bit of an enigma to me. I have seen one in a bar, it will remain nameless who was a little shy but after plying her with a few drinks would get it on with some of the girls. The rest of the time she was either the DJ or just hanging about.

I guess they are the closest thing to our DYKES but without the anti male crap that goes with the bitches in the west.

Any thoughts.

Just a thought.

Charles

Hi,

I know a few tom boys, so for what it is worth, some info from my point of view.

As you already mentioned tom boys are the Thai equivalent of dykes, the 'male' lesbians, the 'females' are called 'Dees'

I think they are more than that though, as most of them would prefer being male. Unlike katoeys, as far as I know, not many of them get the operation though (can hardly be for lack of spare parts, can it? smile.gif" border="0 ).

They are not accepted as much as katoeys either, and many would never dream of telling their parents. Most also lead pretty unhappy lives, knowing that the girl (i.e. 'dee') in their life might very well chose the security and social acceptance of marriage (to a guy) at one point or another.

In order to prevent this many tom boys live only to please their dee, giving all without taking. And according to the women they date, tom boys are much better than men, mainly because while acting tough they still are a lot more sensitive than men. In other words, the 'best of both worlds'.

So, while the dykes may be anti male, most tom boys strive to be as much like men as possible.

BTW, I recently translated an article written on tom boys, I can ask the author for permission to post it here if you wish.

Sanuk!

Very good post which covers my experiennce. In Samui nearly all of the cashiers in the girly-bars are tom boys. Quite reliable and never barfined away.

I had some nice evening with a couple of them (at the bar, playing connect 4 etc.), but KS you are absolutely right,, they do live a very unhappy life.

Some of them engage in the female thai-boxing events and huu are they tough. shocked.gif" border="0

Archived