Dearth of Male Teachers in U.S.

Steve

Are they all in Thailand? :smirk:

...According to statistics recently released by the National Education Association (NEA), men made up just 24.4 percent of the total number of teachers in 2006. In fact, the number of male public school teachers in the U.S. has hit a record 40-year low. Arkansas, at 17.5 percent, and Mississippi, with 17.7 percent, have the lowest percentage of male teachers, while Kansas, at 33.3 percent, and Oregon, with 31.4 percent, boast the largest percentage of men leading the classroom.

Why the downward trend in male teaching? According to Bryan Nelson, founder of MenTeach, a nonprofit organization dedicated to recruiting male teachers, research suggests three key reasons for the shortage of male teachers: low status and pay, the perception that teaching is "women's work," and the fear of accusation of child abuse...

Why the downward trend in male teaching?

Because American high school girls are almost all fat and annoying and ugly? :nono:

(The majority of high school teachers in Japan are blokes, mate. Can't be a coincidence.* :smirk: )

jack :help:

* Plus male teachers pestering, sexually harrassing, purchasing the soiled panties of and, in many cases, having illicit sex with female students isn't frowned upon here in old Nippon, is expected in fact. :up:

The only male teacher in my primary school was the sixth grade teacher, who was also the headmaster. There were many in my secondary schools though. I'd imagine the reluctance of most men to teach at the primary level pulls the percentage down.

Also, as mentioned, the pay is low when you consider that teachers nowadays are required to have an MA/MS as well as teacher certification. In California it took me 1 1/2 years of graduate school just to get a secondary teaching credential. If you didn't plan to teach, you could get an MA/MS in many majors just one year. If you wanted to teach, figure on two for an MA/MS - plus you had to teach for two full years before you could actually receive your degree.

Most female teachers are married. Male teachers may be trying to support their family on just one income.

Why the downward trend in male teaching? According to Bryan Nelson, founder of MenTeach, a nonprofit organization dedicated to recruiting male teachers, research suggests three key reasons for the shortage of male teachers: low status and pay, the perception that teaching is "women's work," and the fear of accusation of child abuse...

He forgot to add that the general population gets pissy if the male teacher fucks a 17 or 18 year old "hottie"...and there ARE some. For instance, this former high school student of mine back in the 60's when I was in my early and mid 20's

debbie2.jpg

Same gal a few years later as a Penthouse Pet centerfold:

[sorry, Hugh, no nudity on the open board. Feel free to post those pics in the Sponsor Forum though - KS]

HH

I taught high school for one semester before Selective Service decided I'd make a better soldier than a teacher. (They were probably right.) I recall one gorgeous little creature, 15 years old and always asking me to go out with her.

Not only was the gal a stunner, but her father WAS THE SHERIFF OF SANTA BARBARA COUNTY!

:yikes:

When I got out of the Army, I asked what had happened to ****** **********. A friend said, "Oh, her? God was she hot. She was banging all the boys. She's a university student now."

:banghead:

Archived