Heathrow a big rip off!

Lusty

London as someone else said has always been expensive, living there for a very short time with my parents in the 70's, we realised that everything was the same price as in Australia, except they changed the currency.

I.e. Loaf of bread, 20 cents was 20 pence, (can;t remember the exact amounts here) my mum was stunned, made life exactly twice as expensive as Australia, worse, we'd been living in Singapore, where everything as a fraction of Australian prices, far too much, and has never changed.

I last went there in late 80's when in a fit of madness I "retired" I remembered being there in late 70's and vowed never to return if I could help it.

Drove in, drove out, and last time I was there, now over 20 years ago.

Strange city London, as much as I hate it, I think everyone should visit once, museums alone make it worth while.

On a good day, the parks can be some of the most beautiful, but everything else, move on to somewhere far more beautiful in the UK.

PS - I do remember when Australia was on a up, I was still a kid at home, and you could buy a house (or 100year lease, never worked them out) for same as Australia, ahhhhhh, hind site!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phil - take your medication!

[/quote

What Phil is trying to say is that even within the humble art of angling,the big money men and the corporate entertainment companies are moving in and privatising the best fishing areas!:cussing:

Archived