Daytime Gogo Dancing in Bangkok?

Sarisin

In another thread the subject came up (actually I brought it up) as to why there were no daytime gogo bars in Bangkok. There are a few in Pattaya and plenty of them in Angeles City. They seem to work out well. It is always nice to take a break on a hot or rainy day and visit an air-conditioned venue with lovely dancers on parade. But, there is nowhere in Bangkok where you can do this. Why not a daytime gogo bar or two in each entertainment district?

Wondering why not, I approached two owners of NEP gogo bars. I will ask owners from Soi Cowboy and Patpong bars later. The names and NEP bars are not important, but here is what I found out:

First, Bar Owner A mentioned that Hog’s Breath Saloon on the second floor of NEP is open during the day. They have dancers at night, but not during the day. He told me that although daytime dancing is not against the law, the Thai police simply would not permit it. He said he has enough problems in this current crackdown climate to risk angering the Lumpini district police by having dancers dance during the day. He would not consider having daytime gogo dancing in his bar.

Bar Owner B disagreed. He felt the cops would not make a major issue of daytime gogo dancing - if they received an increased stipend, of course. He said he might have problems with getting the dancers to dance during the daytime. Then, he went into a rant about how the Thai gogo dancers have become spoiled over the years.

However, it seems I may have put an idea in his head. He said he would discuss this idea with his partner. He did wonder what I thought the response of punters would be to a daytime venue to watch gogo dancers. So, I told him I would find out.

I have posted a poll in the Poll Section. Please vote on whether or not you would consider visiting a daytime gogo bar. Bar Owner B said he would like to hear the results, so this might be the first time one of the polls actually was useful. Also, feel free to write your comments here or in the Poll Section.

Thanks.

sarisin.

i'm a regular to patong beach and pink panther was open at 15:00 and that was where i met my girl.

in the afternoon a place to get out of the heat and i was there everyday and i made many friends,some i took home,some i did'nt.

many times i was the only customer there and that made it good to make friends.

everytime i entered i was approached by girls wanting to sit with me and talk.

of course they all wanted drinks and to be BF but i had my regular girl,but it was good to be accepted and a good time was had by all.

patong is quiet during the day and if you have done all the trips then it's good to have somewhere to go for a cold beer.

on my last visit it was so quiet that the owner had decided to cut his losses and not to open until 19:00,spoilt a lot of my fun.

I'm usually still just waking up by noon and the idea of going out anytime before dark doesn't typically appeal to me. However, there are times when I hit happy hour to get some cheap drinks and maybe try to beat the crowds(that is if I had an early night the evening before). But there are times when this is just plain boring as most of the cuties don't seem to come out too early. As for my 2 satangs worth I'm not much into it before 17:00 or 18:00....

"...someday this wars gonna end..."

What is the dolls house like?

I have been in the bar next door where I had several girls willing to let me sleep with them all night for 450!!!!

(baht!!!)

but I didnt. not even 3 for the price of one!!!

Are they young in the dolls house?

Archived