blind Guitarist Jeff Healey died

Mentors

i don't how many remember him but he was a good guitarist.

Blind guitar wizard Jeff Healey of Toronto died Sunday of cancer. He was 41.

Norman Jeffrey Healey was one of Canada's premier blues and jazz musicians who is perhaps best known for his 1988 album See The Light, which included the hit single Angel Eyes. He was also nominated for a Grammy for the song Hideaway and in 1990, was awarded a Juno in the Entertainer of the Year category.

Other Healey hits have included How Long Can a Man Be Strong and a cover of The Beatles' While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Healey lost his vision as a baby to a rare form of retinal cancer and he battled the disease throughout this life. His website said Sunday that he died with his wife, Cristie, at his bedside in Toronto's St. Joseph's Hospital.

As a toddler, Healey picked up a guitar and, setting it on his knees, developed a distinct sound and playing style.

more

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/theampersand/archive/2008/03/03/159448.aspx

:rip:

and a cover of The Beatles' While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Actualy a George Harrison Track, but that is neither here or there.

He had a unique style, due his blindless caused by his eye cancer he played the guitar flat on his lap with his fret hand over the board from the top as oppossed to the conventional style, I have been playing for 40 years now and I still cannot play that way.

41 way young to go, but on the positive side he fought cancer for 40 years of his life and left us Muso's with some happy memories and he also demonstrated that a disability can be overcome.

:rip: Norman Jeffrey Healey, you may have gone to the great gig in the sky, but your music lives on.

Archived