2 am closure in Pattaya - WS at least

elef

I am hearing the same thing about Bangkok, and (from at least one mama-san) that showing in at least one bar in Soi Cowboy is currently a no no. I haven't been out to confirm (I have this unfortuante handicap, called a job) - anyone have more info?

Would that be a Japanese-style bar not being topless as usual on one floor? I can confirm that from what I've seen and it's strange because I don't see the same "no no" nearby. I suspect they're "doing a Rainbow". I.e. they can't be bothered since they feel they have enough customers already.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking the 2am closure rule, which was the norm/I'm guessing on the books somewhere, was always there....then it got pushed all the way back to 1am (at least in BKK) before the last elected government ended with the coup....now that an elected government is in place again, and they are similar/some say the same people/ideas as the last elected government, it only makes sense that the closings are being enforced again.

Just around the same time, the announcement came out of a resurrected war on drugs (i.e. yaba) which had gone rampantly up since the last elected government.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived