Quick question re visas

gobbledonk

I did question whether I really wanted to spend so much of my holiday in M'sia, but its ideally located between Singapore and Thailand, my other two destinations, and I have read so many positive reports on this board. It may not be the nightlife capital of SE Asia, but I suspect that even the hardest partyers (and this board has some blinders) would admit that there are times when you dont want a beer bar in every shopfront. End of the day - if it isnt my cup of tea, I wont be far from other diversions :patty:

Gobble

• 3 weeks later...
Gobble,

I used to go to Malaysia twice a month for work, and you just turn up and they will stamp a 90-day entry permit into your passport, no problems.

Wish Thailand was same same :(

Just got a few seconds quicker than before at KLIA, as well -- now you don't even have to fill out an arrival form, they just machine-read the passport, give you your stamp and off you go. I remember completing the form on prior trips, I think.

If by "just handed it to the immigration officer" you mean that I offered the form on the palm of my extended right hand, left hand gently supporting my right elbow, while repeating: "Are you the Gatekeeper? I am the Key Master!", well then yes, that's what I did.

Archived