Quick question re visas

gobbledonk

Hi All,

Planning a trip in April, working on the assumption that Aussies are granted the usual 30-day visa on arrival in Thailand (same-same Singapore ?), but was a little confused by this page on Visa regs for Malaysia:

http://impressions.com.my/kl/visa.htm

specifically:

Visa Exemption

No visas are required for citizens of Commonwealth countries (except Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka), British Protected Persons or citizens of the Republic of Ireland and citizens of Switzerland, Netherlands, San Marino and Liechtenstein.

If this is the case, then God Bless the Queen ! I dont think I've ever had this sort of preferential treatment anywhere else (including HK, but I visited post-China takeover and needed a visa for my time in a southern province anyway), even if the Malaysia leg of my trip will be short (want to see KL and Penang, hopefully). Any Poms/Kiwis/Canadians out there who have direct experience landing in Malaysia ? Does it make it easier for those of you who live in Thailand to 'wander across the border' ?

Thanks,

Gobble

I have gotten to the point where if I was offered a job in Malaysia I would take it on the spot:

Great beaches that haven't been trashed yet, great cities, great food, friendly people, excellent road-system, excellent transport options, and very easy to stay there as a farang too. Now that the government is starting to lose elections, it's getting even better! :thumbup:

Archived