NCAA basketball

sandor

Anyone know where I might be able to watch some of the USA NCAA college basketball games in Bangkok? I don't have the bandwidth to stream them from CBS website. Keep in mind some of the games will be very early in the morning here in BKK. Thanks!

I am looking too. Couple of things, I just tried streaming CBS back here in USA (I leave for LOS on Wed.), on a 7 Mbit cable with good throughput, and can't really get good throughput, I think their network might be overloaded.

Second, when I was in LOS last fall I tried to stream programs from ABC website(not CBS) and they would not send them to IP's outside of the country. I wonder if CBS will prove to be the same.

There is a pirate feed of all sports around the world. If you type in keyword myp2p.eu/

You'll have to download some software that enables you to view live streaming but I've been using for months and its not too bad.

As for the tournament, as long as Duke loses I'm happy.

College basketball has changed so dramatically the last decade or so. The quality isn't there like its used to. There were always half a dozen or more players you thought were going to be great NBA players but with so many going straight to the NBA from HS or only staying a season in college, its now a coaches league. The stars are the coaches now.

College basketball has changed so dramatically the last decade or so. The quality isn't there like its used to.

Man, that is no lie. I went to school at Arkansas back in the mid 90's when we were cold rippin' shit up along with Kentucky.

Last month I saw the Tennessee / Memphis game (#1 vs. #2). I can honestly say neither of those teams would have even sniffed the Elite Eight back in the mid 90's.

If you put either of those teams against some of those Arkansas, Kentucky, Michigan, UNLV, North Carolina, Duke, Arizona, Kansas, etc. teams from back in the day it would be embarrassing for the current crop.

• 3 weeks later...

How did NC get spanked so badly? Wow! Still gotta give Memphis the edge against Kansas. Better players, better coach. Deadly combination. Vegas line is about a point and a half to 2 so they must know something I don't.

Also, there is more parity nowadays. There were usually about half a dozen top programs nationally and a cinderella or two each season. Now you have kids considering Gonzaga in the same breath as say Stanford or Cal.

The squads of the '90s would beat these teams nowadays. No one stays around longer than a season or two in college. It used to be uncommon to leave early even if you are NBA quality, now its uncommon to stay all 4 years if you're NBA quality.

The squads of the '90s would beat these teams nowadays.

Might or not be correct. Arguments are always present in all sports as to which "generation" has/had the best athletes.

A couple of factors that you have to consider:

1. Expansion has diluted the talent pool.

2. Strengthening/conditioning/performance drugs involved in today's sports.

3. More blacks playing some sports which bring stronger/faster athletes.

HH

Mid major programs have benefited from the reduction of scholarships per school from 15 to 13 which has spread the talent around.

Also, conference expansion like the Big East has raised the profile of some schools.

Heard the NBA may make it mandatory for players to stay in school for two years from the current one year. That'll help college basketball.

Archived