Over 200 arrested in U.S. antiwar protests

Flashermac

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh?

If there was mass mutiny, who would run the "military dictatorship"?

I don't think that the people on this board will ever agree about this war. I personally think it is wrong and is a blight on the reputation of the US.

I don't see how anyone can support what's happening in Iraq.

70% of Iraqis want US troops out.

Basically, as I understand it, everyone is getting royally farked over by the US elite (Bush, Cheney, banks, arms manufacturers, Halliburton, KBR, Blackwater, Carlyle Group).

The Iraqi people suffer most. They are now going through the most horrific period in living memory,:death, destruction, torture, disease, fear, poverty, displacement, hopelessness.

The troops also suffer, the American people suffer , paying their hard earned taxes for a war which the majority oppose.

The whole world suffers having to put up with all the lies, bullshit and slaughter.

Meanwhile, the people responsible stick their finger up at everyone.

Crooks, killers, hypocrites.

Guest lazyphil

i was watching the beeb this morning, usually biased against the us by and large. anyway, they were following a pretty articulate and courageous marine in fallujah talking of how things have improved there greatly. they had an iraqi talk to shop owners, young lads playing basket ball and folk trying to get on with life and the general pov was things are on the mend. none of the above could do what they were doing because of the insurgents who are on the run. the marine was on foot doing assessments of what utilitys etc were needed and spoke with great compasion and humility of the situation and those they talked too had no desire for the us to leave anytime soon. this was the bbc remember who in the past go to great pains to try and portray a negative angle on american involvement. i found that a heart warming and encouraging report from iraq.

Archived