Porcelain veneers

SoiCowboyTony

I have been going through a dental reconstruction here in the US that involves implant surgery and braces to correct a massive overbite.

My dentist is planning on making veneers for the final restoration. After having heard that an acquaintance had spent literally tens of thousands of dollars on his veneers, I asked my dentist about the cost. He uses Lumineer veneers at $1800/tooth.

That makes my final restoration at about $27,000.00 US excluding the cost of the crowns.

Does anyone know if there are dentists in BKK using Lumineers? I have looked around and haven't had any luck. TIA

The answer to your question about porcelain veneers is that you can find wonderfully capable dentists in Thailand the same as in the USA, but often at a much less expensive fee. As a dentist who knows about veneers (I actually held the now expired US patent for the Lumineer technique)I can tell you that the experience and concern of the dentist and lab technician is far more important than the brand name on the veneer. So my advice is to avoid getting hung up on the brand name and instead concentrate on finding a team with artistic skill, experience, and a good attitude. Lumineers are just another one of literally thousands of look-alikes. Cerinate just paid for advertising and got people to believe that they were something special.

Good luck.

It has been my understanding, G Man, that Lumineers are different than say, Procera or Empress, in that less tooth material is removed. My dentist here prefers the eye contact-like application of Lumineer saying that they're like contact lenses for the eyes.

That's what drew me to the product in the first place.

I feel anytime you make the leap of faith to travel half way around the globe to have any medical procedure performed, a bit of up-front investigation from informed people is required.

My hope is that I can get a comfort level with whom I want to interview for my procedures when I travel to BKK from those that are participating in this discussion.

Many thanks to all that are giving me advice.

Since you sound so informed, G, do you have a favorite dental office in BKK that you would like to share with me?

I have been going through a dental reconstruction here in the US that involves implant surgery and braces to correct a massive overbite.

My dentist is planning on making veneers for the final restoration. After having heard that an acquaintance had spent literally tens of thousands of dollars on his veneers, I asked my dentist about the cost. He uses Lumineer veneers at $1800/tooth.

That makes my final restoration at about $27,000.00 US excluding the cost of the crowns.

Does anyone know if there are dentists in BKK using Lumineers? I have looked around and haven't had any luck. TIA

Main thing about getting a major job like that is the reputation of the dentist. You could end up w/ sustandard work or worse. I would get a work done like that a little at a time to get an idea of the dentist's skill level.

A couple of weeks ago, I chipped my number 12 tooth (the one behind the canine) while eating Gummy Bears candy. Looks like about 1/8 of the tooth on the inside is gone. I found a dental insurance for about $30 per month that will cover 50 - 70% of the cost for a veneer or crown. This insurance can be cancelled after the work is done, so the cost may be only $30. But $1800 for a veneer seems very high. I was thinking my problem could be fixed with a low cost filling. I got an offer from a local dentist for a free dental exam that is scheduled in a couple of days. Also, I'm scheduled for a complete cleaning and exam from another dentist that is covered 100% by the insurance. So I can get an evaluation from 2 dentist as to what it takes for a fix. After that, I will probably go to a highly recommended dentist that specialize in cosmetic work.

Archived