Girls removed from polygamist compound

Flashermac

PS: here is a list of allegations against the sect:

Allegations of [color:red]welfare fraud, militant organizations, incest, statutory rape, physical, emotional and psychological abuse[/color] â?? all of which are hidden by a veil of secrecy, isolation, and deprivation in Colorado Cityâ??Hildale â?? have been widely reported in American media. Link

<< Critics claim that some members of the church are violating laws (because polygamy is illegal in the United States) when they participate in polygamy. Critics claim that incest and sexual abuse of children are prevalent among church members. >>

So why haven't they acted against them before? :p

The news media still has not posted definitive criminal charges these people had committed. To me, it looks more like a witch hunt. Just because some people believe differently then others is not grounds for false arrest especially in a land that claims to promote freedom of religion but in reality is not tolerant of most beliefs.

From what I can see, if a person follows practices mentioned in the Bible, they are, for the most part, criminals in the USA. What the USA should do is ban the Bible and change the constitution in respects to the issue of freedom of religion and let people know what the USA really stands for.

The news media still has not posted definitive criminal charges these people had committed. To me, it looks more like a witch hunt. Just because some people believe differently then others is not grounds for false arrest especially in a land that claims to promote freedom of religion but in reality is not tolerant of most beliefs.

"False arrest"? Nonsense. It is neither the duty nor the right of the State to try the accused in the newspapers. The charges will be filed in the courts according to law. You can wait. The accused and their counsel know what's going on. That and the safety of the innocent are what is important here.

Archived