Songkran Festival

predikshon

I just booked my second trip to thailand, then i stumble upon this from the list of holidays thread:

"April 12thâ??19th Songkran Festival â?? Bars Open but wet!"

Thats the exact sametime i'll be in bkk n pattaya. Will the nightlife be the same as any other time??

better?

or worse?

I'm talking about everything including bars, ST/LT and MP.

Thank you in advance

Predikshon

You will get wet for sure in Pattaya - it's mayhem.

I tried to warn you in a previous post re Philippines. "I'll be doing an [Angeles] update in about 3 weeks time after our annual busmen's holiday to Angeles to avoid Songkran in Pattaya."

Some people love it and come especially for the festival each year. But sitting wet through in an air con gogo is not my idea of fun. Don't wear your best clothes.

One bonus: lots of wet T shirts everywhere :hubba:

:beer:

>>I'm only in pattaya on the 12th and 13th.

... that may not be too bad then. Pattaya's official big days are 18-19 April this year, although some revellers like to practise their water throwing earlier in the week too.

Yes, the MPs and all the other bars are open.

:beer:

Put all your items, cell phone, wallet, tc) in to a plastic baggie if you ar out and about.

A few years back, I was sitting on an outdoor bench, chatting on my cell phone when a lady came up to me and proceeded to dump a buckut of water on me!

I didn't have the cell phone in a plastic baggie and the phone was ruined!!!

Soooo, that's the mentality you have to deal with here :mad:

Put all your items, cell phone, wallet, tc) in to a plastic baggie if you ar out and about.

A few years back, I was sitting on an outdoor bench, chatting on my cell phone when a lady came up to me and proceeded to dump a buckut of water on me!

I didn't have the cell phone in a plastic baggie and the phone was ruined!!!

Soooo, that's the mentality you have to deal with here :mad:

I'll never forget the grinning farang idiot who hit me just as I was using an ATM....I wanted to shove his water-gun up his arse.

Archived