Lord Coe blasts horrible Chinese thugs who barged their way through London

Flashermac

Guest lazyphil

i can imagine texans dishing out some rough justice but san francisco??.....its a bit limp wristed there isn't it. apart from old hippie of course and yourself!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i can imagine texans dishing out some rough justice but san francisco??.....its a bit limp wristed there isn't it. apart from old hippie of course and yourself!

Texas would be worse for them, but anywhere in America is the wrong place for foreigners to try to decide who has what rights.

And besides, even the poofs occasionally get riled.

Well, the torch has come and gone from San Francisco. Those are the reports anyway. There were not so many eyewitnesses as it turned out. The commie robo-goons suffered Sudden Catastrophic Shrinkage Syndrome and the torch had to be secreted away. Just as well. There has to be a better place for tyranny promotion than the Land of the Free. Let them go there.

You know, those protesters (both sides) really piss me off. A celebration of the Olympics in the U.S. was all fucked up cuz of assholes who take advantage of our freedom of speech, assembly, etc. It was really funny that the torch basically disappeared and was smuggled out of the crazy zone and off to the airport for a "closing ceremony" on the tarmac. But I am sure that it was very disappointing to those who were selected to participate as runners and those who just wanted to watch without any bullshit politics. Fuck em (and the horses they rode on in too).

HH

Hugh - I spent about six hours on site today and I don't think I saw more than a handful of people who were not expressing some sort of political viewpoint. It would be nice to imagine scores of sports fans, or Olympics fans, or people just wanting to experience an historical event, but that is not what I saw. There were some number of people there to promote China and/or Chinese culture, and there were many more there to protest the Chinese regime and its various human rights abuses. This event simply could not have occurred without delivering a political message, either for or against the current Chinese government. For this reason I am glad that it was essentially canceled. The present government in Beijing is, to my mind, a racist, fascistic, murderous dictatorship. Why should such a travesty of government be allowed to promote itself in the City of Saint Francis?

Archived