Maids1 Cobras 0

Julian2

Indeed Rick, any snake that minds it's own business and keeps well away from my home will receive no interference in it's lifestyle from me.

Unfortunately this one chose to set up house within a few meters of my back door in an area where children, including a one year old baby, and pets play.

In a more perfect world I could have rang the local snake catcher who would have moved it to a safer area for snakes but they are few and far between in the Golden Triangle.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a job opportunity for a farang daredevil.

When I lived in Surinam as a child we had the a death snake is better than a life snake in the garden policy. We had machetes at 2 points in the garden just for that purpose. We had to use them 2 or 3 times or so in all the time that we lived there.

The Cayman that entered our garden once from the swamp to the back of our house we didn't bother with though ;) We waited until it decided to leave by itself!

Waerth

That's because we had 2 dogs and 2 cats running around in the garden ... somehow snakes do not appreciate that. We did have quite a few lizards though.

Only the Cayman was not to impressed by the dogs. Both parties kept a healthy distance, although we did lock the dogs up after some time just to be sure there where no casualties. Basically the Cayman "slept" in our garden for the afternoon and left somewhere during the night as the next day it was gone. We immediately put a stronger fence in!

Waerth

Archived